ISO SACD Playback

JRiver does, it reads the ISO, shows the tracks as if they were split, you can select how the files are processed eg DoP or PCM etc

For what it’s worth, I’ve used software that’s called TraX to convert ISOs for a few years. No, it’s not free, but it works great, never had a problem with it. Converts straight to DSF.

So does SACD_EXTRACT and it is free. Is there some other advantage to TRAX?

I use TRAX as well. Great software to convert to DSF

When other providers support the SACD-ISO? It’s not a good argument.

ISO is not an audio container. It could contain an Ubuntu installation for example.

Do you want Roon to play Zip files, Tar files etc as well?

2 Likes

Like in Premium Cars. The devil is in the real good details in capabilities. For example… Self parking, autoblock, autonomous functions or some assistants… Then if Roon can handle a SACD-ISO it´s a nice setting. Like Audirvana or Media Center.

For anyone looking for a free and EASY way of extracting DSF files from a SACD ISO on a Mac, just use Pine Player. Opening the ISO and selecting “split to DSF” (as well as an output folder) literally takes less than 10 seconds per disc. Tried the other recommendations in this thread and I wish I had done this from the get-go… Time from RIP until it was playable in Roon, less than 60 seconds.

1 Like

My Hifi Rose RS150 is capable to play also SACD ISO Images. (Local only)
But for the easy way, I ripped everything to my NAS.
I used a very old tool called ISO2DSD - with the same tool - also direct ripping from a SACD Player was possible. But I haven’t bought any new SACD lately.

Mike, thanks for that solution. I tried a few other options, such as ISO2DSD, and none worked except for JRiver.

Not a good solution if you care to avoid an intermediary conversion to PCM. According to a Jriver honcho: “Please do not use JRiver to convert from SACD ISO to DSF files. Our converter only processes PCM, which means the SACD ISO is going to go to PCM and back to DSD.”

1 Like

Covert to DSD. And, after converting from SACD, listen to the first track on this album for the absolute best in audio

1 Like

OH !!

It’s not something I do routinely , I use JRMC to split FLAC/CUE but I have only dabbled iwth DDS

Sorry i i mislead anyone

This recording is $257 on eBay. For that price, I don’t mind the ISO being turned into PCM then DSD!

1 Like

I use either sacd_extract or xrecode3 for SACD Iso extractions. The first one is or has been free, the second one is a commercial multi format translator. Both are recommended solutions.

2 Likes

available in DSD256 for download here:

" *Sourced from an Original Philips Pressing"

Please Note: This release was edited in DXD PCM from a DSD256 Master
then the DXD edited master was used to generate the final DSD files using
Merging Technologies Album Publishing.

DXD (352.8KHz 24/32 bit PCM) is one of the best and least destructive formats for post-processing DSD originated digital recordings

I am a big fan of HDTT but it is hard to accept that there is a DSD256 Master of a recording made in 1961. On the HDTT website, one sees “Sourced from an Original Philips Pressing.”

1 Like

yes, as it says in my post.

So if you get the DXD, you save $3 over the DSD256, which can’t possibly contain any additional information.

(Interestingly, for every additional octave of genuine DSD quantization noise, you pay $3-$4 more).

1 Like