Issue accessing music database on Mac mini server with Roon app - "Waiting for your server" message (ref#2GW6MD)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

· Something else

Describe the issue

I have a 2018 Mac mini with 16 G of RAM and have used it as the server/"brain". It has worked well for years and but I've had recent problems accessing the music database. I would reconnect to a back-up, it would work for a while, and then ask for another connection to a back-up. The most recent back-up was six weeks ago. I've stopped using Roon application since then, am trying it again and now the Roon app is stuck, "Waiting for your server", when I launch it, but the server is installed on this same Mac mini. I never get to the Roon start page. I've tried deleting the app and downloading it again yet still have the same "Waiting" message. I've tried "Selecting a different Roon server", "Use this Mac", and "Start Roon Server". I have not used any other device as server. Thank you.

Describe your network setup

Orbi Mesh

Is the Mini connected to the network via wire or wireless? If you can confirm that Roon is running on the Mini and it’s on the same network then the database may be corrupt and need to be deleted.

Is the Roon controller on a Mac or tablet? If on a Mac the database on that device might be corrupt, removing the Roon cache and Database folder in ~Library/Roon might resolve the issue. Move them to the desktop rather than deleting them initially. Relaunch Roon Controller and see if the issue persists.

2 Likes

The Mini is connected via wireless to the network, something I plan to change very soon. The database was on the same Mini and I’ve removed it. This seems to have worked. I’m now able to log in and get to the start page. Thank you for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.