Issue after a power hit - "There was an issue loading your database" [Resolved]

Same error message “There was an issue loading your database” after power drop.
I deleted (except database and settings) and newly installed Roon, same error message.
Computer is an MSI J1900I machine (quad Celeron 1,9 GHz) running windows 10 with Audiophile Optimizer and Fidelizer Pro, music is stored on two 1TB SSDs and one external 4TB USB disc,
output via LAN to Sonore microRendu per HQplayer and on to Acousence Afi +USB (DDC), from there to Lampizator GG DAC.

Please help me!

Charlie

Restore a backup or otherwise Delete the entire Roon database folder tree and rerun, rebuilding the library

Hi @Karl_Ludwig_Bonitz ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here.

If there is indeed damage done to your DB because of the power drop, deleting the application itself will unfortunately not remedy this issue :head_bandage: Moving forward, you have the following options:

1. If you have been making backups of your DB, you can always restore from one, which will keep any edits etc intact from when that back up was made. Instructions on how to restore from a backup that was created in Roon can be found here.

2. Start with a fresh DB.

• Locate your Roon database according to these instructions
  • Rename the entire Roon folder to roon_old
  • Relaunch Roon, sign in, and configure a new install
  • Let us know if you see this database error again

Let me know how it goes!
-Eric

Up and running again.
Thank you for prompt reply!

Charlie

1 Like