Issue Loading Database - Mac OS Core

Hi there

Have tried to upgrade to latest Roon on Mac OS as core. Upgrade procedure attempted to upgrade the database for some time but ufortunately now just displays the message “There was an issue loading your database” when I try access on the core and of course none of the remotes on iOS or android can find the core. My system is hardwired to tje network and links to Meridian and iTunes sources, as well as Tidal.

Look forward to your assistance

Many thanks

Rob

Hi @Rob_Kay ,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties here! Can you please use these instructions to send me a set of your Roon logs? Do you have any Backups of your Roon database? You can try to start with a fresh database and verify if this helps with the issue:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

3 posts were split to a new topic: Issue Loading Database - SonicTransporter Core

Hi there

I have taken a copy of the logs but I don’t use any of the services you suggest. If would still like a copy please advise an alternative method.

In the meantime I am in the process of setting up the server again on a fresh download.

Many thanks

Rob

Hello @Rob_Kay ,

Have you been able to set up the fresh download? Can you confirm if there are any issues with the fresh database in place? If you are still having issues, can you please upload logs here and let me know once uploaded?
https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9jixQ-LVTzf

Thanks!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Issue Loading Database - SonicTransporter Core

Hi there

Yes, I have now setup fine with the fresh download from scratch and all is working well. Had a bit of difficulty connecting to the core on the mac mini from my macbook as the versions didn’t update properly and was sticking at 1.7. In the end deleted the Roon install on the macbook and downloaded again from scratch. My iPad and android phone all synced in fine straight away.

Logs all uploaded as a zip file.

Thanks for your assistance, if you need further info just drop me a line

Best wishes

Rob

1 Like

Hi @Rob_Kay ,

Thanks for sending the logs over, I’m not noticing any more traces of the corruption. One thing to note, it looks like you had a few DNS errors in the logs, so you may want to change your router’s DNS to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS. Happy listening! :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.