Issue: Slow Indexing on Small Library After Update (ref#2NIASR)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

Very slow indexing after update.
takes several days on a small library

I’d reboot it and if it hangs again then contact support.

1 Like

I already rebooted. It does not hang, but the indexing is absolutely slow.

Describing your server and system will help Roon support

1 Like

Ok, it’s an Intel NUC 7i5BNK 256gb M2 SSD 20gb RAM running ROCK. The music is on an internal 2TB Samsung SSD 870.

Hi @Helge_Hartmann,

Thanks for writing in and I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues! I wanted to check in and see if your Nucleus was still in the process of indexing your library?

If so, could you describe how your Nucleus is connected to your network, and how your local library is typically setup?

With that, do you have a recently saved backup available?

Yes, the NUC is still indexing.

It is connected to the router via cable. The library is on an internal 2TB Samsung SSD 870.

And yes, there should be a backup.

Hi @Helge_Hartmann,

Thanks for the follow-up! A recent diagnostic report pulled from your Nucleus didn’t show any signs of issues, and I see about ~34k tracks identified on the Nucleus.

Odd that it’s indexing so slowly though. Did you also give your router a hard reboot as well as your Nucleus? Outside of that, if you’re close to finishing the indexing, I’d potentially let it finish up.

If it’s stuck and not moving anywhere, I’d suggest stopping Roon Server from running, and see how restoring a recent backup does. :+1:

I did a hard reboot bot on router and the NUC. After that index speed is still slow on 12 Songs per Minute. 28.000 Songs left. So it will take 2 more days.

Would it be helpful to send the logs for further analysis? Indexing was often slow.

Hi @Helge_Hartmann,

Thanks for the update. As a follow up test, could you temporarily remove all the content related to Biodanza/Biodanza Musik from your watched folder, and see if things are still moving slowly? Roon seems to be tripping up on a number of works from this artist

This is the main folder with my music. The indexing has now been completed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.