Issue to enable the Asio driver

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 - Roon 1.7 (build 667)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Nest Wifi 5ghz - 1 Gbits/s

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Gato Audio Dia 250 S

Description Of Issue

Hi,

From 1 year, I used Roon perfectly by connecting my Gato Audio Dia 250 S via USB to a laptop where Roon where installed.
I’ve just replaced my laptop with a new HUAWEI MateBook 14 2020 AMD where I’ve setuped Roon core and the Gato Audio USB drivers. And I’ve download the backup coming from my previous laptop.
The current issue is that it is impossible to enable the Asio driver. The following message appears: “driver initialization failed”.
I’ve tried to fix the issue by doing some actions you suggested in other messages in the forum with no success.
Could you help me please.
Alex

Hi @Alex_92_IDF,

Do any audio zones work on this laptop, for example System Output or does that zone also have issues initializing?

Are you able to use the Gato with this PC outside of Roon (with Chrome for example)?

Hi @noris

Yes I’m able to activate the System Output zone, it works perfectly.
But I’m not able to use the Gato with this PC outside of Roon: I do not see the driver in the Control Panel of Windows. I uninstall and reinstall several times the driver and it never works better.
Very stange behavior.
Thanks
Alex

1 Like

Hi @Alex_92_IDF,

Thanks for confirming that System Output works properly with Roon.

If you are not able to use the Gato outside of Roon, then you won’t be able to use it inside of Roon.

I would reach out to Gato support directly regarding next steps, they would be in the best position to help: https://www.gato-audio.com/eu/contact/

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.