Issue with Airplay Volume Control in Roon App (ref#RY18D6)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

I don't like how the product works

Hi, I have been having trouble with airplay. I can not set the volume from the Roon app when playing music to my airplay devices. This problem started after a an update of Roon some months ago. I have tried to create a new database and I have renamed the raat server. None works. Ronn has always been hazel free but not anymore. I not very keen on to pay good money for something that do not work on your end. Sincerly Joakim Bång

Hi @joakim.bang

I’m just a Roon user like you.

What AirPlay devices are you playing to? Make/model

Have you checked in the device settings to ensure volume control is possible?

1 Like

Hello @joakim.bang ,

Thanks for reaching out! Can you please clarify the make/model of the affected device, as @Menzies mentioned? Are multiple Airplay zones impacted by the issue or is it just one device in particular?

1 Like

Hi,

All my airplay devices.
2x sonos SL, one sonos Ikea lamp, my cocktail audio x35. Can’t adjust the volume on any of them. Worked just fine up till sometime last autumn.

Best!
Joakim

@joakim.bang try going into Roon settings → audio and clicking the gear icon next to one of the speakers and click device setup then try activating exclusive mode.

This is what I see.

Try rebooting your Roon computer. You have an error of sorts

Screenshot_20240402-104301

@joakim.bang my mistake AirPlay devices can’t use Exclusive mode. After you reboot try switching volume control on the device back and forth between fixed volume and device volume.

Still the same!

Hi!
Any progress in resolving my problem?

Regards!

Hi @joakim.bang,
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I know you said you did this before but inorder to ensure all of steps are completed lets try a server refresh using the below steps:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

Hi Daniel,

I have done as you requested. The problem persist.

Regards Joakim

Hi,

Any solution in sight regarding my problem with Airplay in your software?

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of response. I’ve raised a ticket with the team to investigate this more fully and will get back to you when I know more.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem with my Denon Home 350

It play with Full volume :exploding_head:

Tried device volume and fixed volume

Thought the speaker should explode :exploding_head:

Please make a fix in next update

Have tried everything and both standard firmware and the early beta

Have the same problem

Dear Roon,

Please tell me why I should continiue to pay some 150$/year when you do not offer full functionality?

Why can’t you provide an answer/solution to this problem? This is obviously a well known problem to many users of airplay and Roon.

You are about to lose me as a costumer.

Sincerly, Joakim Bång

@Eric_Sahlvall - then the best course of action is to open your own Support request and describe your setup in detail if you want help.

@daniel has told you that it’s being investigated - and I don’t believe that it’s “a well known problem to many users”, otherwise the forum would be flooded with reports.

There’s clearly an issue, and I can understand that you are frustrated, but it appears to be an issue that requires investigation.

Okey
I Will do so even if we have the same problem