Issue with Albums Disappearing in Roon Despite Being Accessible Elsewhere (ref#P0XCIW)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· I'm having trouble adding music to my library

Describe the issue

I have a problem with losing albums which are present on my server, which were found during a scan and which I was able to read under Roon, but which now no longer appear and are therefore not accessible with Roon. No changes have been made for this situation.
Synology server with DSM latest version and Roon server latest version 1392 on Linux (Dietpi). Flac files.
DSM indicates that the disks are healthy and not corrupted. I can see the files clearly in the explorer and I can start reading them with a player like Foobar without any problem

Docker is not officially supported. Have you tried Roon on NAS?

I don’t use docker.
I’ve had the same config for over 3 years and I’ve never had this problem before…

Have you tried a “Force Rescan” on the music folders you’ve setup in Roon?

I had a similar issue a few days back. Roon would fail to play an album that I had recently purchased and added to Roon. In my case I noticed a typo in the file path and corrected it. However, Roon was still referencing the old file path. A rescan of the appropriate music folder resolved my issue.

unfortunately yes, but after several ‘force scans’, still the same problem!
I even put my NAS network backup DD online in Roon and so after a first ‘basic scan’ the result remains the same. This therefore rules out a corrupt disk problem.
Roon still “lost” 20% of my albums (it’s not just a few albums), I’m 99% sure that the problem is linked to Roon.
However, these albums are easily accessible for reading by other players such as foobar or equivalent.
It’s “infuriating” not to be able to read them with Roon and to do so with other players

Have you double checked your “show hidden albums” settings?

Yes, same problem…

I also got this problem today. If I go to Library>Library maintenance>Clean up library it says I have 2826 deleted files. But the files are still available on the disk.

I feel less alone :slight_smile:
so the albums concerned no longer appear in Roon for you as well?

1 Like

I have seen this myself today & some other odd behaviour.

Normally I am a streamer only in Roon, Qobuz & Tidal Hi-Fi but a week or so ago, I needed to import my music from my NAS into Roon, SWMBO pointed out that some things she likes to listen to are not on Qobuz etc. Fair enough, my bad. All has been ok since then.

1. As someone else mentioned above, suddenly some local music is no longer playable in Roon despite being in the same place locally. I had over 1000 files removed in the library cleanup section of Roon.
    They were & are all playable in Plexamp from the same location.

2. A couple of albums I have had in my library for several months were added to my library yesterday.

3. I added a new artist & album to Roon yesterday in Tidal, today I purchased the same release & added it to my NAS. It will not show up in Roon. Plexamp finds & plays it. It is filed like all my music in folders named [year] Title [bitrate (16-44.1 etc)]. Edit: The Tidal version is in my library but the local version is not.

I have restarted the NUC with Roon sever on several times & forced scans of the library locations.
I don’t really want to have to remove the locations & re-add them or should I?

I did it, but it didn’t change anything…

1 Like

This is really strange and must be fixed by the Roon team. Today I updated to the new version of Roon that included folder browsing. I browsed my library and noticed whole folders were missing in Roon. But in the file explorer on my pc I can see the missing folders.

Indeed, this remains a major problem!
Maybe this is a rare occurrence among all Roon users, but it’s annoying and frustrating not to be able to access your entire library :frowning:

Definitely, I can see and play the music using Plexamp and LMS but in Roon many releases on my NAS just disappeared.
It’s a final straw with me and Roon I’m afraid, it’s a great idea and the headphone integration is fantastic but there’s too much tinkering needed with Roon and I’d rather just listen to music in my spare time.

I’m mid way through a year sub in Roon but I’ve uninstalled Roon server and deleted my dB and backups, I trialled it since August 2023 but it’s just not worth the investment in time.

I don’t mind tinkering with open source projects and making stuff work as a hobby, but anything I pay for needs to work and perform 100% of the time otherwise it’s replaced.
Disappearing music I could play via two other means, with servers installed on the same NUC as Roon server was the last issue for me

Hope they fix this for you.

I must say that I was quite satisfied with Roon until now because I find that it is a very cool software for navigating through all the albums in your library with suggestions that are often relevant for listening to albums other than that we could sometimes give up.
I hope that this observed problem of not finding all the albums after scans will be quickly dealt with by the Roon developers… hope gives life as they say!

Indeed, the latest version 1401 did not resolve the problem…

1 Like

No it didn’t. It’s really absurd that this problem exist. The most basic functionality of a music software is to be able to play music, and now I can’t do that with Roon! Because Roon doesn’t show me all my music. I’m very frustrated by this and have started to look at alternatives for Roon now. I don’t want to pay money for a software that I can’t use. Roon must fix this now or they will loose a customer!

1 Like

yes, it’s very painful!
When I add new albums, the scan does not necessarily detect them, and sometimes albums come out that had not been detected during previous scans…
There is really a big bug, I hope the Roon team will look into it to resolve it.

1 Like

@kallekutta - the best course of action is always to open your own Support request and describe your setup in detail if you want help.

You may have a similar symptom, but not necessarily the same cause as the original poster - your system setup may be different, that’s why the general rule is to always first open your own request. Let the Support team merge threads if they find common causes.

That’s what I normally did.
This directed me towards creating a topic (this one)
Is there anything else to make a request directly to the Roon team?