Issue with Brinkmann Nyquist dac

As I wrote before I had a problem with this dac connected by usb to rock
So I did install everything from the beginning including rock on my nuc
But now i can’t enable Nyquist a ALSA audio output … I see the nyquist but pressing the enable button keep saying enabling… is there might be a problem in my dac or it is a bug or driver issue in rock …please advise

Zaki

Hello @Zaki_Assi,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you. A few questions:

• Can you please let me know what model NUC you are using for your ROCK setup?
  • How are you controlling your ROCK setup, are you using an iPad/iPhone or Remote PC?
  • How is the Nyquist connected to the ROCK, USB, Ethernet or something else?
  • Can you confirm that your Nyquist is powered on and the correct input is selected before pressing Enable?

Please let me know your reply to the above when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

1. nuc 5i5ryh 8gb ram 120 ssd
  2. ipad
  3. usb
    4.yes

a last issue is my nuc is in a fanless case and recently it is getting extremely hot

Zaki

currently connected the nyquist to the net (ethernet) and activated roon on an imac
the system seems to work fine …for now

Hello @Zaki_Assi,

Thanks for providing that information to me and letting me know that the setup is now working through Ethernet. I have made the QA team aware of your case and if you notice any other issues with enabling it or playback please let me know. I would double check on your options of providing more airflow to the NUC if it is in a fanless case as too much heat can cause issues.

Thanks,
Noris