Issue with Connecting Roon Client to Roon Server on Mac Devices (ref#HR1BM8)

Ah, clearly I missed this, sorry. Then I guess you are lucky. Though I still don’t understand how the Roon server can run out of memory on an OS that swaps RAM to disk if needed, like macOS. Maybe if the system disk isn’t an SSD, the performance hit is too big and that might trip up the Roon server.

1 Like

@Suedkiez I can’t say if the swap behavior you describe applies to Roon, but I’ll check with the team.
@Robert_Riemersma a 500k track library should have 16GB of RAM or 32 preferably.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Just so I can plan for the future (since my current system tops out at 32GB) at what track count would you recommend more than 32 GB. I.e. at what point should I anticipate needing to buy a base system that supports more RAM as my library grows?

There’s no hard limit but we’ve seen users with servers of 32GB have libraries of a million tracks.

1 Like

Awesome.

I’m performing the RAM upgrade now. Assuming that goes as planned and fixes the problem, you won’t hear from me on this thread again. I’ll make a reminder to check back in before the thread times out to mark the solution, if that’s the case.

1 Like

Everything has been working fine; we can safely say that it was the RAM. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.