Issue with Grouping Linn KDSM (Organic) with Other DS Zones (ref#L657JS)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

Other

I have upgraded by Linn KDS (Katalyst) to a Linn KDSM (Organic). I can see and stream to this DS via Roon, but I don't have the option to group with my other 8 Linn DS zones.
When I look at the Audio set up this DS is also showing as Roon Ready rather than Roon Tested (which all my other Linn DSs appear in.
How can I enable this new KDSM to add to the other Linn group?

Hi
I don’t think it’s possible to group Roon Tested and Roon Ready devices together. This is from the help section:-

Happy to be proved wrong, of course.

Michael

Thanks - I hope you are wrong as the Linn Organik KDSM variant has been out for several years now & really should be in the ‘Roon Tested’ group (or all the old variants need to be able to be bumped to the ‘Roon Ready’ group).
Either way as a lifetime subscriber I’m going to be pretty fed if if this isn’t fixed!

One thing that might be worth a try is to select ‘Linn streaming’ from within your online account, for your KDSM.
That may allow you to group your KDSM with your other Linn endpoints. You shouldn’t hear any change in sound quality - I didn’t when I set up our old-style upgraded-to-Organik KDS.

Michael

Thanks - can’t find that option: Is it in Roon setup or Linn system management?

If you go into ‘Music Systems’ in your Linn account, choose your Organik DSM, then select ‘Music’, there should be an option to choose ‘Roon Ready’ or ‘Linn streaming’.
I’m away at the moment so can’t be 100% sure that’s where the option is, but I’m reasonably sure it’s there.

Thanks for the suggestion unfortunately it is already set to ‘Roon ready’

On our KDS I can select that and have the option to change it to ‘Linn streaming’. It might be worth clicking/tapping on it to see if you can change it. If you can, reboot your KDSM afterwards before trying to group it with other zones.

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.