Issue with Integra DTM-7 streaming options: Roon integration query (ref#1HW2G1)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

· Other

Describe the issue

This is my third attempt to add a ticket for support, my frustration is really high. At the start my Integra DTM-7 showed up in roon tested. And would stream via Chromecast stating it was also streaming at the highest quality. Now my only choice is AirPlay. Can someone help me understand this?

Describe your network setup

Mac Studio is the roon server, Integra DTM-7 is the streamer in this case and music is on a Synology NAS. All are hardwired. All are on the same network.

This morning the Integra is back under Other network devices.

Did you change anything or anything change that you are aware of?

Good question, about the only thing I can remember changing is I fiddled with the equalizer and realized quite quickly, I was out of my depth on that. HA!

So being the sledge hammer I am I went the scorched earth path and nuked roon, roon server and all of the other things that it stated in the help article when doing a full uninstall of all roon products. And then reinstalled. Running stock and not importing a backup seems to work for a bit, but then we fall back to the current state. I hard reset the Integra DTM-7 and that had no really implications that I could/can see.

As I stated previously, I did have it working yesterday and then this morning it’s back to not showing up and actually, it’s not even playing on airplay as we speak. I have unlimited success with running it through plexamp, however, I know I’m not getting the quality.

I’ve tailed the logs and I see that it knows I have selected a song for playback but get nothing:

05/03 09:27:42 Trace: [platformnowplaying/mac] MPNowPlayingInfoCenter: Connect
05/03 09:27:42 Warn: AddTopLevel: win_undo_play(47)
05/03 09:27:42 Trace: [platformnowplaying/mac] MPNowPlayingInfoCenter: Connect
05/03 09:27:54 Info: [stats] 405936mb Virtual, 695mb Physical, 201mb Managed
05/03 09:28:09 Info: [stats] 405934mb Virtual, 695mb Physical, 202mb Managed
05/03 09:28:24 Info: [stats] 405935mb Virtual, 694mb Physical, 193mb Managed
05/03 09:28:39 Info: [stats] 405952mb Virtual, 706mb Physical, 193mb Managed
05/03 09:28:39 Debug: [windowpos] saving pos=F0,0,2560,1440

I’m at a loss here.

Hi @Matt_Towns,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi Daniel,

First off, thank you for responding. I really like Roon and I want to continue using it.

Second, I suffer from a disease called AED: Asymmetric Escalation Disorder. Example: I have an itch on my right hand? Cut off entire arm at shoulder.

I went the path of Scorched Earth and started with removing Roon with normal methods. Then I went and searched out any instances of folders associated with Roon. I rm -rf’d them (at this point it’s important to note that AED (not currently recognized by any medical group) is usually brought on by things not working as they should and causing the patient to perform rash actions).

What happened next sent me into a rage of epic proportions. In rm -rf’ing anything related to Roon the RoonMounts folder was nuked. It then nuked all of my music that was stored in that folder on my NAS.

So my question now is this: is that expected behavior?

Getting back to my Original issue, I am still having this problem. I will restart Roon at 11:15am CST.

-matt.

Turned back on and not able to chrome cast the DTM.

Yes, this is expected behavior. When you deleted the RoonMounts folder it also deleted the contents of the mounted folder. Do you have any backups of your music?

Some, not all (I have a large amount of actual physical media). That’s not good though, but I’m not here to pick flaws on that. I got most of my media back. I’ll circle back to that issue at another time.

The issue of not being able to use Chrome Cast still exists.

I’m sorry that some of your music was lost.

Can you check if there are any pending updates for the DTM-7? In the meantime, I’ll make a ticket for this with the rest of the team and get back to you as soon as I know more.

How is your Roon server connected to the internet? It looks like the server isn’t getting the announcements from the DTM. If you are using wifi to connect it may have lost the connection with the hard reset.