Issue with iPad client in 1.7 build 571

Hi @Stanislav_Markovic,

I appreciate your patience until I consulted further with QA on this case. We have attempted to reproduce this issue in-house, but we have not yet been able to do so.

We’ll keep working on the issue to see if we can get it reproducible, but if there are any other set of steps that would get us in this into this state, please do let me know.

I can easily reproduce it time after time. Hold the iPad in portrait mode and open Roon.

Keeping it in portrait fully close Roon (ie go into task manager and swipe it off) and reopen it. Rinse, repeat and within 3 or 4 attempts it’ll open incorrectly.

The random bit is that it sometimes opens incorrectly first time.

Screenshot attached after my third attempt using the above process.

1 Like

Hi,

I also reported this back in May on my iPad Pro 12.9". But since the ability to view Roon in portrait mode has been fixed (thank you Roon devs), I am no longer aware of the issue.

However, I can still reproduce this on my old iPad Pro 11" - and this has been occurring since the start of last year; it’s a friend’s old device that I bought and he uses Roon also and I know he was experiencing the same issue.

I agree with @dannybgoode, this has been going on way before 571 was released.

Point 2 in the below post:

Thanks for the additional info @Rory_Sharp / @dannybgoode, I’ll let QA know, but so far they have not been able to reproduce successfully, we’ll keep at it.

Is there a way to record what’s happening on an iPad screen? Happy to record it if it’s of any value at all…

Hi @dannybgoode,

Yes, there is a way to record this, please see:

You are free to submit a video if you wish, I have one from @Stanislav_Markovic already, but perhaps your video will help establish a pattern.

Hi @noris

I’ve submitted a video also and it’s shared on my OneDrive:

Screen Capture 20200722

It’s recorded on an iPad Pro 11” 2018 WiFi device. It’s fairly consistent with its reproduction as you can see.

Hopefully this, as well as the other user submissions, will help pinpoint the issue.

Cheers,

Rory

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.