Issue with Now Playing Screen Overlapping Android Controls on Samsung S23+ (ref#BJF9SI)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· Other

Describe the issue

When using ARC on my Samsung S23+ the now playing screen overlaps the bottom of the screen where the android controls "||| stop <" live, so it is not possible to select queue, favorite, or...

Describe your network setup

Android S23+

Hi @Mark_Pocock,

Thanks for sharing your issue! As an initial troubleshooting step, can you please test out fully removing Arc from your device and performing a fresh install?

Let me know if your issue persists on a fresh install. :pray:

Hi Benjamin

I gave that a try…un-installed, re-installed…now it doesn’t seem to boot, stuck on the initial screen.

I also tried rebooting my phone. Still won’t boot.

Yikes!

Mark

Hi @Mark_Pocock,

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that. To confirm, which Arc download did you install? Have you also tried the apk version?

We’ve released a handful of Arc updates to our Early Access build that may help you - we should be pushing those updates to our next full Production within the next few days.

Hi Benjamin

I used the play store download. I prefer to stick to that source for apps.

Looks like something broke, as it was working till I just updated…albeit with the overlap issue I initially reported.

Please let me know when the fix has been uploaded to play store.

Regards

Mark

Hi @Mark_Pocock,

Thanks for the follow up, and I’m sorry to hear testing out the apk version wont be an option.

Our team will need additional investigation before pushing a fix, and unfortauntly since this isn’t a widespread issue, it’s potentially due to some combination of Arc with your specific device.

When you re-downloaded and installed Arc, were you over stable wifi?

Have you rebooted the device since then?

Are you able to use the Roon remote app without issue?

When you re-downloaded and installed Arc, were you over stable wifi?

YES

Have you rebooted the device since then?

YES…UNINSTALL, REBOOT, REINSTALL

Are you able to use the Roon remote app without issue?

YES

Still no ARC functionality

Hi @Mark_Pocock,

Thanks for the update! Could you please update all your Roon devices, as well as Arc, and let me know if your issue persists? :+1:

Hi, updated Roon Rock to latest version, uninstalled ARC, updated phone to latest android version, rebooted phone, reinstalled ARC…still the sticks at the initial splash screen.

See attachment for S/W revs.

Thanks

Mark