Issue with playback on Samsung Galaxy S5e tablet

Looks like the latest update, 1.7, contains a fix for this issue, will test it tonight

• Fix cracking/stuttering during playback on some Android devices

If it does, please make a note in this thread. If not, can you start a new thread based on 1.7 release.

Seems to work fine on my LG V40

1 Like

Today tested with my Samsung Galaxy S5e tablet and Hidizs Sonata HD dac and the problem still occurs with this setup.
Crackling is much less compared to previous, but still there

Hi @Ronny_Ruyters,

Just to verify, things are still working the LG V40, correct? Itā€™s just the Galaxy thatā€™s experiencing this issue post-update?

Hi Dylan,
Yes, the LG V40 seems to work fine, with the build in DAC and also with the Sonata HD.

The Galaxy experiences the problem. It is less than before, the crackling is less explicit but still there.

Regards

Thanks for the details, @Ronny_Ruyters.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into whatā€™s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, Iā€™d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and Iā€™ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi Dylan,

Iā€™m not sure if you had diagnostics enabled or not, but I just played some music in Roon (stream from Qobuz) on my Galaxy and could hear the crackling and stuttering again

Regards
Ronny

Just tested again, 22:27 Europe time and crackling.

Thanks, @Ronny_Ruyters!

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once thatā€™s been received, Iā€™ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi @Ronny_Ruyters,

The diagnostics report hasnā€™t come in for the Android device yet ā€” Can you try rebooting it and connecting it once more to Roon and let us know when youā€™ve done so?

Thanks!

Just restarted the tablet, Roon is playing at this moment (and crackling):
10:40 Brussels time

Thanks, @Ronny_Ruyters. The report came through and has been passed to the team for analysis. Iā€™ll be sure to reach out once Iā€™ve received their feedback.

Hi @Ronny_Ruyters,

Are there any battery optimization settings for apps on this device? If so, can you disable this option for Roon?

Well, today looked into the Roon Android-app settings. I noticed the setting ā€˜Allow background activityā€™ was disabled.
Enabling it improved sound, much less crackling. Then I disabled ā€˜Optimize battery usageā€™ for the Roon app.
Seems to work fine now.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Ronny_Ruyters,

Iā€™m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.