Issue with Roon ARC setup

Dear Community,

I am having trouble getting Roon ARC to play any music track on my phone app when using 4G or 5G (the app does work however when I am home and my phone is connected to my home wifi),

My setup is a Roon Nucleus +, plugged into a Netgear Orbi wifi router (reference RBR850, itself plugged to the wall ethernet plug). The music in my library is around 2000 tracks, consisting of a mix between Tidal tracks and locally stored MP3s on the Roon internal HDD.

I live in Singapore and the internet provider is SingTel. I am not using any VPN.

UPnP is turned ON in my router advanced setup. Enable VLAN / Bridge Setup is turned OFF in my router advanced setup. There is nothing setup in “Port Forwarding” menu.

Router IP Address is: 10.0.0.1
Roon core IP and port are 10.0.0.15 and 55002, respectively.

On Roon ARC Setup page, diagnostic data message is:

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“115.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.0.1”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.0.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">501ActionFailed</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}
}

Thank you for your help and support.

Best,
Johan

I see that you are using SingTel - see this thread for a possible solution to your issue:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you Geoff,

Problem solved.

I logged in the Singtel modem setup page online (Advanced Configuration > Forward Rules > IPv4 Port Mapping), and made sure it was enabled.

I then logged into my NETGEAR Router Orbi setup page online (Advanced > Advanced > Router / AP Mode), and then selected AP Mode instead of Router Mode.

Restarted the Nucleus + and then in the Roon app settings > Roon ARC menu, it now says “Ready”.

Much appreciated your help.

Take care.

Best,
Johan