Issue with Roon audio settings on Macbook Air and streaming to KEF LSX II LT speakers via USB (ref#WYG02D)

Hi benjamin, the flickering is Roon trying to display the “This Mac” section in the Audio settings. It very briefly shows the “This Mac” header, then the header disappears. I’m not sure the flow of communication between Roon Core and Roon to display that, but might the failed network calls be a reason why it does keep the This Mac section on screen?

I have a VPN installed, but it is manually activated and has not been running during my testing. I am not able to pause SentinelOne.

I did install Roon Bridge on another Macbook and it is discovered just fine and I can play through its speakers. I also installed Roon Bridge on a PC and it is discovered just fine and I can play through its speakers. Both the other Macbook and the PC connect via WiFi to the same router as the problematic Macbook.

I’m curious about the SMPP message sent from my Synology NAS running Roon (192.168.1.2) to my Macbook (192.168.1.180). The SMPP message that shows “Message length invalid” payload looks like a Roon command to RoonBridge/RAAT to enumerate_devices like what’s seen here: Roon remotes lose connection to Core - #103 by Alex_Kravitz

Hi @support, I confirmed with IT that SentinelOne is configured to block all incoming connections to software running on my Macbook, so it looks like I cannot discover local ports with Roon on that machine.

Hey @Michael_Weadley,

I’m sorry to hear that - Roon does unfortunately need access to local ports to properly function.

That said, a potential workaround (not using the mac) could be to look into setting up a Rasberry Pi Running RoonBridge/Ropiee/DietPi and connect the KEF LSX II LT that way. There’s a good source of information on the above all over community if it ends up being of interest.

You have my apologies in that I’m not able to provide any additional help on your issue with your Macbook.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.