Issue with Roon Core connectivity to Roon Ready devices and enablement (ref#KSYD8A)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

My room core is not connecting to room ready devices. It is also unable to be enabled

Hi,

Fellow user here. Can you post the entire audio device page, because what you are showing here doesn’t include any Roon Ready device connections, they are all Airplay, Chromecast or Sonos connections. Roon Ready connections will be listed under their own header on the Settings/Audio page like this…

which is very different than…

Which is where my Chromecast Devices reside, for example.

So, do you have any Roon Ready connections or are you talking about the Sonos and Chromecast devices?

Hi jmartenfeld,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues getting your devices properly connected to Roon.

From your account info, I see you were able to successfully connect to your Eversolo via Roon Ready, was this before or after your issue emerged?

A good next step in troubleshooting would be to give both your Roon Server machine, as well as your router a hard reboot.

@Rugby is correct in asking if you do see Roon Ready connections under your Roon Settings>Audio page - feel free to send another screenshot if so!

We’ll be on standby for your reply. :pray:

I am stuck on the page below. not sure if you can see may screenshot? I am unable to connect to my core. I am using a Mac laptop as my core right now. it has a red dot and says “connecting” the "connect: button next to it is greyed out. Seems like the best thing to do would be a hard reset, but I have no idea how to do that

Hi @jmartenfeld,

Thanks for sharing that info, and I’m sorry to hear you’ve completely lost access to Roon! :sweat:

I agree with you on this - lets perform a database refresh and get you on a fresh install. Before doing this - I know you’ve just started out with Roon, but have you made any backups yet? If yes, you have the option to restore a backup on the fresh install to help save you some time.

If you’re ok to start with a completely fresh install, you can ignore my comment on backups! Follow the steps below and it should get you sorted out:

• Exit out of Roon and Stop Roon Server
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon Server" and “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “RoonServer_old” and “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

Hi

that seemed to work for a second and now I am stuck on this screen with this icon that just moves around

seem to be working on some rooms! still can’t get it to play through my Apple TV. It says it is “Roon tested” and it is enabled. But where I try to play the TV keeps giving me an airplay code.

This post might help with the Apple TV

1 Like

Hi @jmartenfeld,

Thanks for the update, and I’m glad to hear you’re able to get some music playing! Were you able to give the steps in the thread above that @Rugby shared a try? I’ll copy+paste them below for ease of access:

Thank you and @Rugby
I haven’t tried what @rugby suggested yet, but I will this evening and get back to you

1 Like

Hey

I am just not having any luck. yesterday all of my amps and smart tv’s were enabled and able to play Roon. today they aren’t even showing up as options to play music on. Ont top of that my Marantz 8802A Preamp, which was able to play Roon no problem yesterday is now refusing to play music.

actually not playing through any of my Roon tested or audio devices

Hi @jmartenfeld,

Sorry to here your troubles continue! We’re unable to connect to your Roon Server to enable diagnostics for a closer look - we’ll need a set of manual Roon Server logs for further inspection. If you could, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

If you haven’t yet, I would give your router a reboot during this process as well, just to be safe!