Issue with ROON Core not identifying 'MATRIX AUDIO X-SPDIF 3 DDC' in AIO mode with 'iFi Zen Streamer' - timing delay and sound quality concerns (ref#EHSJQM)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

· Other

Describe the issue

I'm Using 'iFi Zen Streamer' Going into 'MATRIX AUDIO X-SPDIF 3 DDC ' & UsinG I2S Cable to 'SMSL VMV D1SE2 is the DAC ..

My Macbook M1 is the Roon Core..

In 'AIO MODE' Roon is identifying the 'iFi Zen Streamer' but not the 'MATRIX AUDIO X-SPDIF 3 DDC' still the digital signal is passing to the DDC for some reason.. still can play music but I feel(believe) like there's a timing Delay/issue and music sound very strange and not normal at all ..

Also 'iFi Zen Streamer' has mode/switch dial specifically for ROON but when I switch this mode on ROON cannot identify the 'MATRIX AUDIO X-SPDIF 3 DDC' at all and can't play anything ..

When 'iFi Zen Streamer' Directly plug to DAC Via USB there's no issue at all and it works fine.. but sound quality much better when plug 'MATRIX AUDIO X-SPDIF 3 DDC ' .. how I checked this by using UPNP app called 'MConnect.. I really want my DDC in the system..

I Really Love ROON but I'm unable to use it due to this reason.. hope someone can help me if not I will say good bye to ROON and use 'MConnect.

Thanks Shone ..

Describe your network setup

I 've a Fiber Connection at home and 'iFi Zen Streamer' is Directly plug from the ZTE router 'WIRED'

This is correct. S/PDIF doesn’t provide any signalling, so the connected DAC is invisible to Roon any other music player.

What did you do to fix it ?

There is no fix for S/PDIF; it’s how this interface works. If you want signalling, use a USB connection.

This is my Roksan connected to S/PDIF. Note that Roon sees the Allo DigiONE not the Roksan.

And, here is my Chord 2Qute, which uses the same transport (Raspberry Pi) but is connected via USB.

The 2Qute is not Roon tested, so I have used the Hugo, which is, for all intents and purposes, the same DAC.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.