Issue with Roon not Opening on Windows 11 (ref#OHSFED)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

· *None* of my remotes can connect

Describe the issue

I'm on windows 11, latest everything, today, Roon does not open, the server says it's running in my taskbar, but when I open Roon, either directly from the PC or a Remote from my Android Tablet, it does not open. I uninstalled it and re-installed it, yet the problem persists, it worked fine 2 days ago...

Depending on the size of your library, at the first time of opening a Roon client following an update of Roon Server, it can take several minutes before the server is fully started and this pulsating Roon logo is replaced by the full Roon interface.

Have you let sufficient time elapse?

If this is not the issue, have you checked the Firewall settings on your PC?

Thanks for the help.
I must’ve left it spin for 20 minutes. A couple days ago it all worked fine and I did not change anything.
I tried to turn off all Firewalls, made no difference.

There’s another person who’s having the same issues at the same time so this must be something to do with a Roon update or Windows update, can the Devs look into it?
I have no other way of listening to music and I work from home so this kindda sucks that it just stopped working out of the blue.

Hi @Mathieu_Dulong,

Thank you for your patience.

I’d first close RoonServer fully and then launch Roon from scratch, which should prompt the server and GUI to launch together.

Do you have any adblockers or third-party extensions in your preferred browser that might be preventing the SSO from launching within Roon? When is the last time you reached the login screen on a Roon Remote?

Concerning firewalls - specifically, we’re asking if the Windows Defender firewall has whitelisted RoonServer.exe, and in particular, these subprocesses: Roon.exe, RoonGoer.exe, RAATServer.exe.

Lastly, it would be particular illuminating for technical support to inspect a set of manual logs from your Roon Remote instance on this PC. At your convenience, can you please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader? Specifically, we’re looking for the “Log” folder contained within a folder named “Roon.” Roon is folder for the GUI; RoonServer, understandably, hosts the files for the user.

We’ll proceed from there!

I tried completely disabling the Firewall and it had no effect.
Roon.exe, RAARServer.exe and RoonAppliance.exe are in the allowed list, I don’t see RoonGoer.exe though.

When the problem first started, I tried to connect to my Roon Server with the Android App, it asked me to login into Roon, which I thought was weird because it was already set up and worked fine since forever, but I tried to log in anyway and it did not connect.
I then tried on the PC server itself, same problem, would not connect.
I uninstalled Roon, re-installed it, rebooted several times, still not working.

I just sent you both Roon and Roon server Log files.
Let me know what’s next.
thanks

Any update, it’s been broken for a week now, it’s a sad life without music…

I am having the same problem but am able to open a user interface and play from a macbook on the network as well as the Android app on my phone. Still trying to fix the local display on my Win 11 RoonServer machine.
Have you tried using the app to connect?

Thanks, my only other device is an Android tablet and it doesn’t work either unfortunately.

Bump, still not working.

Here’s the fix that worked for me, I wish Roon support would’ve helped me but I had to figure it out by myself.

I uninstalled Roon, then went to C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local and I deleted these folders:
RAATServer
Roon
RoonGoer
RoonServer

I rebooted and re-installed Roon, this time I was able to connect, restored a backup and now it’s all working again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.