Issue with Roon Nucleus not connecting to iPad Pro (ref#G66U4U)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

*Some *of my remotes can connect

Roon Nucleus is not connecting with my iPad Pro. My other devices (computer, iPhone, KEF wireless speaker) do show up as enabled and connect. How do I get Roon to enable and connect with iPad Pro?

From what you wrote, I believe you wish to have your iPad as a endpoint and not a remote. If this is correct you’ll need to enable the iPad in the Roon Remote app on the iPad. In the settings for the iPad as an endpoint you’ll need to disable private zone.

You’ll then be able to select the iPad from any other Roon Remote.

If this isn’t what you mean, I’m sorry.

Audio settings

Enable the iPad (mine is a Motorola phone) and name it

Tap on the gear icon as shown above

Disable and hit save

Then it’ll be like this

No, actually the problem is that often the iPad Pro does connect at all or even show up at all under “Audio” in settings. (It’s weird sometimes it actually does show up if I reboot my Nucleus core and/or reinstall the Roon app on my iPAD). If something does show up in the audio section called “output default”, is THAT the iPad that I need to enable?

If it says “This Tablet” like this

Then that’s the iPad, as long as you’re using the iPad as the Roon Remote

Thanks for your help. For moment, yes, it’s showing up and I’m using fine with Roon. Problem is that it’s hit and miss, sometimes not appearing at all on the Room Remote app on the iPad itself or other devices connected to my Nucleus core. And other times acting as it should. Frustrating

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.