Issue with Roon remote apps on iPad and iPhone since 2.0

Roon Core Machine

Audiodata MSII musicserve/streamer with windows 10 - please spare me the rest …

Networking Gear & Setup Details

No VPN, router is a Fritzbox 6660, Fritzbox Wlan extender with LAN to Netgear switchbox (Signalstrength is okay not always stable but all in all acceptable.

Connected Audio Devices

1st floor 2Channel audio system = pre/poweramps, old MacBook Air to RME ADI II Dac

Number of Tracks in Library

approx 5500 albums

Description of Issue

Hi Roon,

it seems that after 2.0 my Roon remote apps on iPad and iPhone 8plus do not work anymore (they do not display audio-zones or playback devices) - unless my MacBook Air/roon-endpoint is running and Roon is active. However music is playing thru the iPad speakers as the iPad is the only “audio-zone” displayed. Before 2.0 iPad and iPhone connected to Roon-core and the respective Dac used (I have two systems on two floors. 2channel and headphone and one Dac for each) was displayed and music was playing thru the selected Dac/audio device. I tried all the tricks in my book. Everything is updated and restarted/reloaded several times - I even deactivated private zone setting on the displayed iPad icon but nothing wore.
Thank you in advance for your help and kind regards
Uli

Hey @Uli_Busgen,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you were still running into connection issues after upgrading to the latest roon 2.0 build?

Can you confirm that your core is hardwired directly to your router? If possible, I would give your router a hard reboot followed by rebooting your core as well.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.