Issue with Roon Server not being found on Synology NAS after installation on DSM 7.x (x64) (ref#8W2SSM)

Full form submission

Is Roon Server running?

· Yes, Roon Server is turned on and running.

What do you see on your screen?

· "Looking for your Roon Server"

Please select how you've connected your Roon Server to the internet

· Roon Server is connected by *Ethernet*

What is the operating system of your Roon Server host machine?

· Roon on a *NAS* (Synology, QNAP, ASUSTOR)

Select any of the following components that are present in your local network setup

· *VPN* installed on RoonServer or Roon Remotes, *Mesh Nodes*,* Wifi Extenders*, or *Managed Switches*

Describe the issue

I have bought a lifelong subscription for Roon. Then I installed Roon on my Synology NAS - used the Installer for Synology DSM 7.x (x64) from https://roononnas.org/de/synology-dsm7-2/. I have selected the folder where my music files are stored (a free shareable folder called MEDIA) and the folder where the Roon DB is stored ( a free shareable folder called RoonServer on an external SSD USB device plugged in the NAS). Then I have given the RoonServer read/write access in the internal system users of the folders MEDIA and RoonServer.
After the installation, the Roon Server appears as running in the Synology packages center.
When I try to open Roon from my client app, the “Choose your Roon Server” is not finding my Roon Server. What can I do ?

Sounds like a good start (although you will get the most out of things when you use the “music” share that Synology Audio Station uses, and which you can run in parallel to do some great things).

But are you positive that your NAS isn’t on a subnet that is different (e.g., 192.168.0.x vs 192.168.1.x) from that of your Roon remote (client) app? This can happen with certain mesh wireless networks.

Hello @s.covaci,

Thanks for reaching out.

What client app are you using to try to connect? I would ensure that they are on the same subnet as @DDPS mentioned. Also, please see the Roon on NAS website instructions, in case this helps:

https://roononnas.org/en/synology-dsm7/