Issue with Roon Symbol Display After Update (ref#OVBFR3)

Full form submission

Is Roon Server running?

· Yes, Roon Server is turned on and running.

What do you see on your screen?

· I see something else

When you try to connect, what screen do you see?

· Just the Roon logo

Please select how you've connected your Roon Server to the internet

· Roon Server is connected by *Ethernet*

What is the operating system of your Roon Server host machine?

· *Nucleus*

Select any of the following components that are present in your local network setup

· *Mesh Nodes*,* Wifi Extenders*, or *Managed Switches*, *Powerline Adapters*

Describe the issue

Everything was working fine then I updated Roon, since then I get the Roon symbol. I did restart several times, as well as press the reinstall os button on the settings page.

Describe your network setup

Linksys Linksys MX5300 X2

I have this same problem. Roon Support, please help us!

Hi @Winter_Fleury, @Steven_Erwin

Thank you for the reports. What do you both see when you access the Nucleus Web Administration page from a separate browser?

Actually…I power-cycled the Nucleus and Roon returned to life. Thanks for checking with me. I hope Winter_Fleury has the same good fortune I did.

1 Like

I was hoping to be so lucky, that something I didn’t try would just work. But it is not the case for me. My setting page looks the same as it always does.

Hi @Winter_Fleury,

We’ve investigated diagnostics and identified database corruption in logs that precede the recent Roon updates.

Database corruption means that the records Roon is currently reading from your database suddenly differ from the original record.

This isn’t common and usually occurs due to a physical event, like a hard drive failure or an unstable power source (frequent outages, hard power cuts, etc).

In some cases, corrupt database records can go completely undetected. And it’s only when we release an update that requires Roon to re-scan every record that the corruption shows itself.

These updates don’t happen frequently, which increases the risk of data loss. For example, if you only have a few weeks of backups, the chances that you have a usable backup drop significantly if the “latent” corruption isn’t detected for many months.

Starting with Build 880, Roon detects database corruption “on the fly”. So if corruption is detected during a backup or during normal use of Roon, you’ll be immediately prompted to restore from a backup.

If you restore from a backup and still see “There was an issue loading your database”, try restoring from your oldest backup.

If you’re not having any luck with your oldest backup, then the only alternative is to start with a fresh database. Please let us know here and we will provide specific instructions for resetting the database entirely. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.