Issue with Roonbridge not playing DSD files at 96kHz or 192kHz - DAC shows "Idle" (ref#D2BD9F)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

Playback starts, but I don't hear any music

Hello, I have update my Linux Music PC to the latest version of Archlinux (kernel 6.x) and i have install Roonbridge (1.8(1125)). Everything playing just fine, except in two situations: When i play a file in 96kHz or 192kHz and then choose any DSD file, at any audio format (DSD64,128,256, etc). It show its playing in Roon, but my dac shows "Idle", which means it gets no sound at all. If i play a 44.1kHz and return to DSD file, everything playing right. Thank you

Hi @George_Ligerakis,

Thanks for writing in and for your patience! I also see it’s your first post on community, welcome!

Since it’s been a bit longer than I’d like to admit, I wanted to first check in and see if you were still having issues?

If so, a few follow-up questions for you:

1. Which DAC are you playing to specifically? can you reproduce this issue without the DAC in your audio chain?
  2. Could you please reproduce this issue, and share the specific date, time, and name of track playing when the issue occurs? We’ll enable diagnostic mode on your Roon Server to take a closer look into what might be happening at the time of the issue.

I’ll be on standby for your reply. Thanks! :pray:

Hello and thank you for the reply.

My DAC is IdeonAudio EOS DAC, which is capable to play any DSD up to DSD512 native.

DAC can play pretty fine anything through Windows. For more information about the issue in Linux:

DAC uses Thesycon driver at ALSA. The Streamer which has the RoonBridge software can play anything in DSD native mode, except two conditions:

1. When i play something at 48/96/192kHz and the next track is DSD(any resolution), DAC goes to state “Idle” and no sound is produced. This condition apply with kernel 5.15.1, alsa-utils and alsa-lib v1.2.5
  2. If i upgrade kernel to 6.x and alsa-utils and alsa-lib to 1.2.11 then DAC cannot play any DSD resolution. It automatically return to PCM mode.

It happens everytime i try to play some track. It doesn’t matter the track or anything else. Just the two conditions i mention.

Thank you!

Hey @George_Ligerakis,

Thanks for the additional information! We’re unfortunately not able to connect to your Roon Server, could you please reproduce the issue, share the specific date and time, and then use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?