Issue with TAG Display and Sorting in Album View (ref#DKI9E0)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

I TAGed lots of my records. I see the records under the TAG that I created when choosing a TAG view from the BROWSE menue on the left. When I am in ALBUM view and chose a TAG... random albums are shown, many other them not having the TAG I was looking for. If I open the ARTIST page I see underneath under OVERVIEW many of my TAGs. But I do not see all my TAGs (I see 15 of my TAGs but 5 are missing)

How do I make them all visible under the artists name.

And why does it not sort them when I look in Album view?

Thank you so much... I gladly send screenshots if this can help.

Describe your network setup

MAC - NUC - Swisscom router - NAD M32 - B&W 803

the other screenshot might be too small.

I am pretty sure that your tags are not missing, but are not displayed (by lack of space ?).

To check, go to Album view, click on the Tag symbol

then choose the tag you want to select - in your example ‘soundboard’.
in my case, I select 7Digital download

Check if the albums that the albums with the ‘missing’ tags, show up in the list.
If they do, it is a UI challenge.
If they don’t, there is an issue with the max. tags supported per album.

Dirk

thanks for the help, I tried and it will not show what I want. It shows some 600+ records that by far not all are soundboard.

But if I go under TAGs…

and select the one called SOUNDBOARD… I see 109 soundboard records.

What I do not understand is why I get the correct answer with my TAGs when selecting them from within Tags but some random selection if U chose artist first or album or focus and the TAG.

As to the number of TAGs underneath the artists Name I found what I did. I had added Tags there like this:

now the ones missing are there too.

And when I choose anyone of them what is shown then is correct

and thanks for your post it helped me to look further.

Only regret I have is no « Boolean » search …yet.

Hi @Olivier_Lengwiler,

Thanks for writing in and sharing your issue!

If you haven’t yet, please give your ROCK a hard reboot and leave the device unplugged for a few minutes before rebooting. Let me know if your issue persists after giving this a try.

If it does, can you reproduce the issue and share the specific date and time? From there, we’ll be able to enable diagnostics and take a closer look. :+1:

Thank you Benjamin, I will try after my new back-up is complete. I had to turn off my system and reconnect to my wifi but after doing that my 2500 albums had disappeared ! I was left with 12 albums. Anyway long story short I had a HD connected via USB-C to my NUC that I used to have my whole system backed up. As soon as this was disconnected I found all my albums again.

So now I make a new full backup. I’m not touching my system until this is done. Too scared that I loose all I did so far.

Because of how tags work in Roon. Roon does as best as it can to “translate” the tagged content to the view you are recalling the tag.

grafik

So albums and artists only but you can open the compositions browser and recall the “soundboard” tag there. Roon will then show you all the compositions it knows of from those 109 albums and additionally where that 1 artist participated.

Assuming that one artist is Prince then recalling the tag from the album browser will show you all albums that credit Prince in any way and, if not already covered, any album tagged “soundboard” (even if Prince isn’t credited).

So it seems to me like the artist has to be removed from the tag for the tag to be able to do (filter) what you expect it to do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.