Issue with Updating Nucleus Software and Internal SSD Visibility (ref#BXPJ3O)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

I can't connect to Nucleus

Does Nucleus show up in macOS Finder / Windows Explorer?

No

Plug in the Nucleus HDMI output into a TV or Monitor, what do you see?

"Roon OS Web UI can be directly accessed at [https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx](https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)/"

I have a Nucleus, Serial #54B2038BCFDC. But it has the Roon Optimized Core Kit software. I need to update it to Roon Nucleus software. I can access the Roon OS Web UI directly but not with the Roon software on my Mac.

In addition the Nucleus cannot see the internal storage SSD

I think this is one for @support to address. They will get around to it when they can.

When you say you can’t access it from the Roon software on your Mac, what do you see. You can post a screen shot in a reply.

However, it is likely that the ip address assigned to the Nucleus has changed. In that case, the Roon desktop application on the Mac will still be trying to connect to it on the old ip-address.

I believe that there is a ‘use another roon server’ option on the login display. When you use this you will be presented a list of the available Roon servers which should show the Nucleus. Select this and then you will probably be told that you are already logged on to a Roon server (the old presentation of your Nucleus). On this page you should see an ‘Unauthorize’ button which will close the existing login and allow you to login to the Nucleus again.

With respect to the lack of the storage disk, again, could you post a screen shot of the Web UI. This may give a clue as to what is going on.

I “unauthorized” yesterday and it worked for a few hours on my Mac, but today it just won’t connect.

I’ve rebooted my computer and the Nucleus (a few times) just to make sure the IP address is correct. Strangely - my iPhone App can connect, not my iPad.

I believe the storage disk is a problem with the enclosure/adaptor. I’m trying to use a 2TB Samsung 970 EVO plus NVME M.2. The adaptor looks like it doesn’t support NVME.

Any suggestions for an adaptor to convert NVME to the SATA connector?

IMG_7524

IMG_7525

I learned that the Samsung 970 EVO Plus is not only m.2 but also NMVe. Which will work in the m.2 slot for the OS but not as the internal SATA SSD. I tried a sled/adaptor which would allow the m.2 to attach to the SATA connector but that did not solve the NMVe - a learning experience. So, I just installed a Samsung 870 EVO SATA internal SSD drive.

I solved the network issue with my Mac by deleting the Roon application and reinstalling it. Now all devices - can connect to the Roon Nucleus with the ROCK OS.

So everything is up and running. Just need someone from Roon to contact me to get the OS from ROCK to Nucleus.

Thanks to all who provided suggestions.

OK. Happy that you have it all sorted.

Nucleus devices support an M.2 NVME SSD for the OS and a 2.5inch form factor SATA SSD (or HDD) for storage. The same applies to the Intel NUC devices on which ROCK is supported - with the caviat that the compact (not tall) cases don’t have space for the SATA SSD.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.