Issue with Upgrading Roon Remote Android App to Build 1398 (ref#LRYJSY)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

Roon remote android 2.0 build 1390 doesn't upgrade to 1398. Also not via playstore. It says "cannot install". I would like to have the new folder view feature. How can I force an upgrade?

My android phone is now on 1398, automatically; my android tablet is still on 1390. It is a rather mysterious process. Is there some system behind it?

Hi @Leo_Reijnen,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. Was there any other information about why the update couldn’t be installed? If not please provide the steps you took so we can try to reproduce this.

Hi Daniel,
As described, when no update occurred I simply went to the play store, tried updating the roon remote app. It downloads and then I get the message “cannot install app” and some not helpful blabla about trying again.
My tablet is a Samung Galaxy Tab A7. Model SM-T500. Software updated on 1 april 2024 to version T500XXS7CXB1/T500XM7CCXB1.
This is the first time the app didn’t update automatically. Usually, I get the message that updates arexavailable and click “update all”. Now I don’t even get the message and am still stuck on build 1390.
My nucleus is on 2.0 build 1401.
Thanks in advance for your help with this.
Leo

Delete the Roon Remote app from the affected device. Then install it again from new. I’d be surprised if this doesn’t work.

All settings are on your Roon Server, so nothing will be lost.

1 Like

Yep! That did the trick! I should have thought of that myself, but thanks anyway.
Leo

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.