Issues after setup

installed server software on my QNAP TS 451+. it has installed and is working with the client but has only recognised 130 albums - maybe a quarter of the collection all in the same folder

client works to send tidal music to the Linn server - Akurate DSM - but after a while the playlist stopped working - each track would have to be re-started. using the power button on the remote also worked but then volume reset to 50. linn needed a full re-start to function properly. linn is on latest firmware and normally just works with collection and tidal without any need for re-starting

not sure if these are known “newby” issues ?

thanks
Paul

Thanks for reaching out, @paul_mckoen!

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you confirm that Roon is installed on an SSD?

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon.

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of albums that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

• Does this same behavior occur if you’re playing to any other endpoints?
  • Are you able to play local content to this endpoint? Does it have the same issue?
  • When play stops are you seeing any error messages in Roon?

Thanks,
Dylan

Dylan

thanks for this - server is the latest roon software downloaded thru the QNAP site and looks like it installed correctly - checked the files and they look OK - they have .flac extensions.

where would I find settings ?

QNAP is running twin large hard discs - no SSD

network is pretty standard - some cable and a couple of netgear switches

clients are both Windows 10 64 bit - a surface pro laptop and a surface tablet

linn works perfectly with all other sources including local from the QNAP, tidal and radio

i haven’t seen any specific error messages from the roon software

with thanks

Paul

Hey @paul_mckoen,

Can you share a screenshot of an one of these albums from the storage location?

If you click the upper left menu button you should see a list of options on the left side. Toward the bottom you’ll see Settings listed. This will open the Settings window.

What model router and switches are in use?

Can you share a screenshot of the Signal Path when playing to this endpoint?

Thanks,
Dylan

Dylan
many thanks for this - and I have been trying to resolve things here using your questions and some of the documentation

albums now being recognised - I had installed server software and I thought pointed that at the music virtual drive

I now realise that this has to be set within the client software - this is now set and I can see my albums

I have ordered and installed an SSD - when you state that the server software should be installed on the SSD do you mean the location of the database or does the server software need to go on the SSD. if the former than I can do this - if the latter then I will need an idiots guide please !

with thanks

Paul