Issues with 192 files either not playing or dropping out after a few seconds

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bluesound Node2i
Moon

Description Of Issue
Our customer is not able to play 192kHz files from his library through his Bluesound Node2i.

Likewise, we are having issues playing 192 files in the store via Bluesound or Moon. They play for a few seconds then drop out.

We have no issues playing these files via either the Bluesound or Mind application, only Roon. There is no problem playing 192 files via Qobuz through Roon.

1 Like

Hello @Teri_Inman,

Thanks for reaching out to us here, can I please ask you to provide some more information?

1. What kind of Core are you using in this setup? Is it a Windows PC / Mac / Linux?

2. What is the network setup like, can you let me know the model/manufacturer of all the networking gear (routers/switches/range extenders/ect.) and how both the Core and Endpoints are connected? Is there any change if you use Ethernet if on WiFi?

3. Where is the media stored, is it on a NAS, external HDD, internal HDD? What model/manufacturer of the NAS or drive is in use?

The Core is on a Nucleus.
We use Luxul switches and router.
Everything is hard wired with Ethernet cable. We have not tried wi-fi.

Aso, the music is on a Melco NAS

Hi @Terry_Inman,

Thank you for providing the above information. I would like to rule out the NAS from the equation here, in case the issue is due to this being a networked endpoint.

Can I please ask you to place a few of the non-working 192Khz tracks on a USB drive and connect this directly to the Nucleus and verify if the behavior is the same?

Hi Noris,

We can try that, but we’ve played the same file off of the native Simaudio Mind2 app and Bluesound app with no problems. It plays immediately with no drop outs or latency. Seems like the NAS is functioning fine but, we’ll try it and report back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.