Issues with Chord Qutest and Cocktail Audio N15D devices

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon V1.7 on Synology DS916+.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wired Cat 6e.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Mac Mini 2014 Roon Bridge
Chord Qutest USB DAC
Cocktail Audio N15D - Roon Ready DAC

Description Of Issue
Issue 1 - Chord Qutest
After playing music for some time, the DAC will not work properly, similar to the DAC cannot be found, you must restart the MAC mini to return to normal.

Issue 2 Cocktail Audio N15D
Every time I play the music, the volume is always very loud.
I have to readjust the volume through the remote APP to restore the proper volume setting.
This problem also occurs when the next music is played manually.

Hi @robby_zeng,

Welcome to the forum!

When this issue occurs, do you still see your Qutest listed in Roon Settings -> Audio?

Does this issue occur under any more specific circumstances? Are you using other apps to control the Cocktail Audio immediately before using Roon? Does it only occur when using one specific Roon Remote or Client?

When this issue occurs, do you still see your Qutest listed in Roon Settings -> Audio ?⋯
Ans: No. But Mac mini able to use chord Qutest DAC for YouTube.

N15D issue:
ANS: Only one client.

Hi @robby_zeng,

Thank you for confirming those aspects.

Can you provide some more information regarding your network setup, including model/manufacturer of all your networking gear?

Can you please note the exact local time + date in your country when this behavior next occurs, including on which track you observe it occur? E.g. 3:46PM on 12/12/19 and occurs on “Dark Side of the Moon”

1.Network setup:
LAN switch (NETGEAR GS116)->[NAS DS916+ (Roon Core)],
->[MAC mini->Chord Qutest] ,
->[N15D],
->[wifi HUB->iphone]
2.Issue 1 - Chord Qutest:

It no longer happens when the firmware version is updated.

3.Issue 2 Cocktail Audio N15D:

The problem continues to occur, when playing the next song or replaying the current song, the volume is always the loudest, it sounds like 90db, but the actual setting value is 50db or other values, I must slide the setting value again to Update the correct volume setting on roon remote app.

Hi @robby_zengm,

Glad to hear issue 1 was resolved via firmware updates!

Can you let me know the timestamp for when this next occurs?

Hi!
I have the same problem with my N15D!

Any ideas?

No. The problem still occurs.

Same problem! Volume ist too loud! Now I have the volume control OFF and today ist is to quiet… If I play a track directly started with N15D App the volume ist set to max…

Hello All,

Thanks for the reports surrounding the N15D, I have discussed this issue with the technical team and we’ll reach out to Cocktail Audio regarding your reports, we suggest you do the same.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.