Issues with local audio options disappearing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 64bit Build 401

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)
USB going out to Schiit Yggrsadil

Description Of Issue
My local audio options connected to the Roon server always go missing. If I delete the RAATServer folder then I can start Roon again and re-setup the local audio options. But this is not an acceptable solution.

If I close Roon and re-open the local audio zones disappear.

Hi @SPAZ,

Can you try temporarily disabling your firewall and see if the same behavior occurs with it disabled?

Same issue. I did have the two applications allowed in Defender but I disabled windows defender closed roon deleted the folder and re-opened. They showed up then i closed it and re-opened. I went quickly to the settings audio tab and I saw that the zones were in Enabling state, then they disappeared after a couple of seconds.

Thanks for giving that a try, @SPAZ.

Can you confirm that the Schiit is on the latest firmware?

When the device is in this state in Roon are you able to play to it outside of Roon?

Yes, on latest firmware. Yes, I am able to play fine outside of Roon. Lights on DAC are set to how they look like when it’s working.

I have resolved the issue. I reviewed applications that run at startup. It seems ASUS has a lot of unnecessary executables that load upon startup. More specifically, NahimicAPI which controls something related to audio for Asus headsets which I do not have. I ended the processes and disabled them from startup. I am no longer seeing my local audio disappear.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.