Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10/Rizen 9; ROG Crosshair viii hero WIFi/ Roon version 1.7 (build 511) 64 bit
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Irrelevant (I think)
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Local system audio device on the core machine is the one I am concerned with. All others work.
Description Of Issue
Almost exactly as described in this post:
Same issue as in the above post, but I was unable to fix it. Uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers and the Asus software dose not help. Notably, I could see all other devices on my network from the core machine, including my opticalRendu (connected to the router), two WiFi Airplay devices, but most interestingly, the system audio device (RealTek) on my other Windows 10 PC machine configured as Roon endpoint. Please advise.
Just to confirm, do you have an Realtek drivers installed on the Core machine? Realtek drivers have been known to cause issues with Roon in the past, please see this thread:
I would also double check that Roon is not by any chance being blocked by Antivirus or Firewall, I have also seen similar symptoms when McAFee/Kaspersky/ESET32 was blocking Roon/RAATServer from working properly.
Can you take a look and let me know if this helps?
Hi and thanks for getting back to me! I do not have antivirus software on this machine, just the Windows 10 resident firewall and it us turned off. I do have Realtek drivers however. I installed/uninstalled them a couple of times but without luck. However, the version that I have may not be the latest. I am still waiting for the latest Realtek drivers to be downloaded (painfully slow, by some reason) and will report back when I have a chance to install them. Strangely, everything was working well a couple of days ago until I turned on Network discovery on the machine. This might be a coincidence though - I just cannot fathom how this would impact the local audio drivers.
I finally got the chance to install the latest version of the Realtek drivers downloaded from the Realtek web page and this fixed the problem! No more issues. Thanks for your help!
P.S. Yes, I am using a private network.