Issues with Roon backups and playlist track reordering after updating Synology NAS to DSM7 (ref#HE2DOQ)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

How do I ...?

Hi
I run Roon Server on a USB SSD drive connected to a Synology NAS drive. Endpoint is Linn Klimax connected via ethernet. A few weeks ago I updated Roon and my Synology NAS drive from DSM6 to DSM7 and now Roon no longer does backups. Have repeatedly tried to get it work to no avail so removed the Roon Backup folder completely and tried to create a new folder but still not successful. Failed to access or Unable to create directory are the messages.
Also since the update I can't move/reorder tracks in my playlists. A reset button shows up instead.
Any ideas on what may be the problem?
Kind regards, Paul

Did you reinstall Roon on NAS using the DSM 7 version of the package?

Yes. Dowloaded and reinstalled the latest DSM7 version a couple of times but still behaving the same.

Version 20220216 supplied by Christopher@roononnas.org

In Synology/Control Panel/Shared Folder permission is still showing read/write as has been the case for the last 4 years.

Regarding this issue, it’s already been flagged and is being investigated…

Hi @Paul_Johnston ,

We enabled diagnostics mode for your Roon Server. It looks like you were previously backing up to /Music/Roon Backups/ and now you are trying /Music/Roon Backup which is now giving an error. It looks like perhaps you missed an “s” in the folder name?

Good thought but I deleted the ‘Roon Backups’ folder after many unsuccessful attempts to try get back ups to work.
I now get the message ‘Backup failed at …/Unable to create backup directory.’

Thanks for letting me know that this issue is not only happening to me and is being investigated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.