Issues with Storage Automatic Scans

Hello, is there a solution to this problem? I am experiencing the same as other users.
I have ROCK running in a NUCi5 (8th Gen, OS version 1.0-build 174) with 16GB RAM-250GB sad and my library in a Synology DS 918+.
Everything is connected through a Cisco unmannaged switch (SG110D05NA).
When I add new music to the NAS Roon does not add it automaticaly, I have to force a rescan, which is annoying. Did not use to be this way.
If have tried restarting (NUC,NAS, switch), but no changes.
Your help with this is appreciated.

Hi @Xavier_Pinto,

What is your re-scan interval configured for that storage location? You can manually set a shorter rescan period in Settings -> Storage -> 3-dot dropdown menu -> Edit -> Automatic Rescan Interval, does that help with this issue?

I should mention that NAS watched locations are a bit trickier, since they do not always report file changes to Roon in real-time. More information regarding this behavior can be found here but I am hoping that the automatic rescan interval will help.

Hi, I tried changing it to 1hr, but did not notice any changes. I don’t know what has changed, I am running the same NAS and before it used to work.

Hi @Xavier_Pinto,

As a test, if you use a USB storage device and add a track, are you seeing the same behavior?

Around the time you started experiencing this issue was there any change to your networking setup?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.