iTunes XML Not Found and TIDAL unstable

I have the same problem.

Using a minimac with roonserver and iTunes installed running on 10.11.6 with ssd drive for the library folder.

ITunes xml used in Roon is first found, scanned and then lost. Tidal very unstable.

No problems until the 505 release. @support Please help me rollback to RoonServer_100600416 including the remote for windows (using a Surface go).

roon_servermacmini

Add images

Add images

6 days+ with multiple daily restarts, constantly having to force rescanning the itunes xml (disable/enable/rescan). Sometimes login to tidal works, most of the times it doesn’t. When I finally get some music to play it stops mid-song (album not found). Please take a look at my logs and give my something that may help resolving this. :face_with_monocle:

Hello @Niklas_Andreasson,

Thanks for reaching out to us here and apologies regarding the delay in getting back to you here.

Downgrading is not supported due to the reasons listed in the article, but I’d be happy to help you resolve this issue in the current build.

I appreciate you sending the log files over, I am looking through them and would like to take a look at another aspect of your system:

Can you please navigate to the following path in your Roon Database Location and let us know how large this file is?

RoonFolder/Database/Core/USERID/broker_2.db/

You can click on this broker_2.db folder and press File -> Get Info in MacOS to see the file size.

Hi. Thank you for reaching out :-). Folder is 13,55GB (/Users/erik_niklas_andreasson/Library/RoonServer/Database/Core/d6572765409747d18b87a7a0306468be/broker_2.db)

Hello @Niklas_Andreasson,

Thank you for letting me know that broker size. We are investigating a few similar reports and it would be useful if we could kindly request the Roon database from you PC.

Can I please ask that you send the entire RoonServer folder over to me? Our Upload database instructions provides more instructions on how to get this over to us. Thank you!

sure - i will do that immediately

1 Like

uploading the compressed roonserver folder now, 33.65gb. Had to open a new dropbox pro account - 6h remaining for the upload to complete…will send you a link eventually…

1 Like
1 Like

Hi. Please confirm your download. /N

Hi @Niklas_Andreasson,

Thank you for sending the database over, I can confirm I received it properly. Would it be possible to leave the files uploaded on your Dropbox until QA has had a chance to review your case, or are you on a “trial” Dropbox Pro that expires soon?

Until QA has a chance to review this database, I would suggest temporarily setting it aside and starting with a fresh one. To perform this action, please use the following steps:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall RoonServer on the MacOS to generate a new database

Sure, I can leave it up for a few more days. I will wait for a fix until i scrap all the work I have put in to ”clean up” my collection/database. Looking forward to hearing from you or the QA team again.

Hi @Niklas_Andreasson,

If you go ahead and rename the Roon directory using the above steps it will allow you to start fresh with a clean database while we investigate this behavior on our end. I’m going to be upfront with you - the investigation may take some time and would require the dev team’s input as well.

Once we are able to locate the source of this behavior and address it, you should be able to rename “RoonServer_old” back to “RoonServer” to get your old database up and running again, but until then I don’t want you to remain Roon-less.

Happy new year! My dropbox-pro-trial is ending soon. Please confirm that my database have been stored locally on your side for the analysis. Thank you.

Hi @Niklas_Andreasson,

Thank you for the heads up. I just ping’d the QA team to request they download these files, can you let me know which date the trial is expiring?

Hi @Niklas_Andreasson,

I wanted to confirm that QA was able to download the database files and it has been added to the review queue. You can go ahead and let the Dropbox trial expire, I will be sure to let you know once I have the competed report but this may take some time, thanks!

Status for this one please. /N

Hi @Niklas_Andreasson,

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our review queue. This means our team is still planning to look at this, but it has not reached QA’s queue yet.

Once the ticket has been reviewed by the QA team I will let you know. Thanks in advance for your patience!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.