Japanese Word Display Failure + Shut Down When Delete Songs + Edit Songs

Hello Everyone,

1. Did you notice the Japanese word display error ? I cant identify those songs.

2. Then I try to fix it. I mean to edit the music information (singer and album). And I can not edit it, May I ask How can I do this? Because I can easily do this in itunes.

3. The system just break when I tried to delete any song ! I am not sure what is wrong (maybe my system?) / So, How could I delete songs from Roon ?

Thank you very much for answering

Best Wishes
Tong

@Tong_Long ----- Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to gather some more information from you regarding your setup, so I can understand exactly what equipment you are working with.

Can you please, in detail, describe your current setup. The more detailed you are the easier it will be for us to start eliminating variables as a cause to this issue.

“Then I try to fix it. I mean to edit the music information (singer and album). And I can not edit it, May I ask How can I do this? Because I can easily do this in itunes.”

Currently in roon you can edit the display of the artist and album names but links to things like credits, album performers, and composers can not be edited. We plan on adding these functions in the future.

“The system just break when I tried to delete any song ! I am not sure what is wrong (maybe my system?) / So, How could I delete songs from Roon?”

What storage device are you using? What is happening when you try to delete content?

-Eric

I just run roon on MBP and output is H2 design MIYO and use headphone. I cant change anything in “Edit” option like metadata, re-scan etc, but I can hide music. There is no problem with MIYO, and it is the same without MIYO. My Mac OS is 10.11.5 El Capitan, late 2013 model. I guess, just guess, it is due to audio optimizer from computer audio design. That is a free transcript, when I apply it, it works badly and I uninstall it.

My music is stored in itunes folder (MBP). I just cant manage music database. I dont want to delete, I just want to edit wrong displays. Again, a big problem, it ask me to link with Tidal and I do so. The system suggest me to follow several genres. After that there are 10K music in my database. I dont want that because I cant find my own music.

It is OK to edit / delete album from Tidal via roon. But not for my own files. The latest update.

@Tong_Long ---- Thank you for the your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you please provide me screen shots of the error you’re encountering when you say the “system breaks”. This will allow me to better understand what could be causing this issue.

Also, because you are using iTunes with Roon, I’d like to make sure that iTunes is properly syncing with the software as highlighted here.

In regard to unwanted TIDAL content, let’s try this:

• In Settings, set Hidden Tracks to be shown, like this:

• In your album browser, go to Focus > Format and click TIDAL

• Close Focus and sort your albums by Date Added – The exact album counts will be different than my collection, but it should look like this:

What you want to do is select the albums you don’t want in your collection (instructions for selecting content here) and then choose Edit, then Delete Albums. This will remove them from Roon, and from your TIDAL library.

-Eric

I cant screenshot because when I finish all the setting and click my screen to quit (there is no “apply” or “confirm” in setting mode), the system break immediately (back to desktop and the roon server is no longer running). I just let you know about this and I am going to replace my MBP soon. If I still have problem I will let you know. Thanks

And for all the albums I don’t want, I have removed from Tidal. It will not display in Roon.