Jazz groove.org

Good news Thankyou

When I select the MP3 Jazz Groove and stream it to my DAC the DAC indicates that it is a 24/44.1 stream. Is Roon upsampling the MP3 signal?

No, that’s the result of deconstructing the mp3 signal. A very good explanation is given here by one of fhe Roon devs.

Thanks, Brian!

The Jazz Groove is now available as a beta/preview music service on SONOS. You can add it by entering your existing Jazz Groove.org account information.

Hi Roger, any progress on getting the Flac stream to work with Roon? I subscribed a while back hoping to see this. Not sure if I’ll renew it without this feature as Roon is my preferred method of listening. Any update would be great.

Thanks,

George

Hi George,

Happy New Year! I have reached out to the Jazz Groove and have asked them to consider Roon integration that would include FLAC streaming. In addition, I conducted a URL search for the Jazz Groove in FLAC. Unfortunately like Yukon Cornelius in Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer I found nothing. I will keep you posted on the Jazz Groove reply.

We are planning to offer a FLAC URL that I understand Roon and Bluesound users may input into their systems - does that solution work for you? We will announce it in our newsletter sent from support@jazzgroove.org later this month.

Hi George,

I just received the above from the JazzGroove support team.

2 Likes

This is good news. Thanks for chasing this up @Roger_Shea. I, like @George_Carlson, subscribed to The Jazz Groove with the hope that FLAC streaming would be integrated into Roon.

Thanks good news

Hey did this happen yet?

Hi George,

I checked the Jazz Groove website and nothing was posted. In addition, I did not receive an email notification regarding the url. I remember when they were added to SONOS, I found it by accident and a few days later I received an email regarding its addition.

Thanks for the update

Hi Paul, Just wondering if you managed to add the FLAC stream to Roon/Bluesound for premium Jazzgroove users?

Love the stream, it would be perfect to have the Flac stream without the donation drive escpecially since i’ve donated. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi Matt - we are very close to launching it. ETA 1-4 weeks. Feel free to email me directly in a couple of weeks for an update paul@jazzgroove.org and thanks for your patience.

3 Likes

That’s great news. Looking forward to it!

Cheers

Thanks Matt.

@Roger_Shea I don’t know if you have flipped a few switches over there at JazzGroove.org but I have added the paid stream to TuneIn via BluOS and it is working great. Man, I love your station. It’s just so nicely curated with tunes from all corners of Jazz that are seamlessly strung together. I can’t tell if it’s the Flac stream but it sounds pretty good to me. Does anybody know how to tell what bitrate in BluOs? I assume this is shwon in Roon as well?

Cheers Roger!

@Matt_S Good to hear from you Matt and thanks for the update. I wish I had that much influence at the JazzGroove. :grinning: I believe with TuneIn Radio, the max for streaming music is 320kbps. The JazzGroove is available through TuneIn Radio as station, but 128kbps is currently the max for streaming.

I just sent Paul @the JazzGroove an email to see if a release date for the FLAC URL for JazzGroove Premium Donors/Subscribers has been set. As soon as I hear anything I will be sure to share it with the community. Paul may post his reply directly to the community as he has done in the past.

I agree with you, it is wonderful listening to their curation of various jazz pieces.

Hope All Is Well,

Roger

2 Likes

Yes it was to take place this month and that may still happen - as of tonight the engineers tell me one week from this coming Wed but possibly sooner. Look for the announcement in our email newsletter once it is tested and ready to go.

@Matt_S Hey Matt. I just received the above message from Paul @jazzgroove.org regarding the JazzGroove FLAC URL.

2 Likes