Roon Server Machine

Mac mini 2014 i5

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link Deco X50

Connected Audio Devices

Hegel H590, SONOS 5…

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I renewed my subscription after a year or so and got the issue. Previously Roon Server was installed on DS Synology and Jazzradio.com stations worked without stopping.
Other Internet radio stations now when Roon Server on mac mini do not have such a problem: DR P8, The Jazz Groove, ABS Lounge…
Thank you!

I tested WEB Jazzradio being streamed from mac mini to Hegel and it plays without stops.

Actually not every time after every song, but usually after 1 or 2 not more than 3.

I don’t have a premium account so can’t check, but has metadata appeared when it wasn’t available before?

This is is redolent of the issue where metadata in flac streams is introduced via eos/bos flags. Roon treats this as ending the current stream and starting a new one.

Yes, I see metadata. It does look like the end of the last song in the queue.

And was there metadata before? It there was, then the issue is perhaps something else. Can you try other endpoints?

If it is this eos/bos problem, then you may be stymied. It has been around for quite a while…

Moved Roon Server from Mac mini 2014 to Mac mini M2. No stops for half a day. Hope it is a solution:)

Fingers crossed, but at least it proves it’s not the eos/bos problem.

1 Like

I had the same problem with a Mac Mini 2018. I opened up a ticket with Roon. Both Roon and Jazz Radio could not identify the problem. I switched my Roon Core to a Windows platform and now I am on a Rock. Since moving the core from the Mac Mini I have not had the problem. Gremlins do exist

1 Like

Hi @Sergey_Skomorokhov ,

Has the behavior remained the same, the M2 is still working properly? Was the Mac Mini plugged in via Ethernet or WiFi?

Yes, everything is perfect. Core Roon mac mini M2 onnected by Ethernet. Other mac mini M2 (not core) connected by WiFi and also works good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.