JBL Charge 5 WIFI Roon Ready?

Hi All,

Could someone tell me that this speaker is indeed Roon Ready and supports native ly RAAT and can be grouped with other Roon Ready speakers. On Roon’s page it is well marked as Roorn Ready, but on the JBL/Harman website, there is no information related to ROON. JBL support told me they didn’t know and that they would look for it from the technicians… I’m still waiting for their answer, I thought it would be quicker to ask for feedback here:)

I do t know but I suspect it’s an error and the wireless speakers should just say Roon tested.
@support

@Sebastien_Beaugrand
Have you checked whether an update is available for your JBL Charge 5 wifi?
Afterwards it showed up as ‘Roon Ready’ for me with RAAT working.

1 Like

You’d think JBL would put it in their specifications seeing as they had to make an effort to get it certified :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Great thank you ! I’ve not yet bought this device because i didn’t now about it’s compatibility.
I’ll buy it now! Thank you

1 Like

Hello @Sebastien_Beaugrand, the most up to date information from our side regarding Roon certified devices can be found here. The Charge 5 WiFi was recently certified Roon Ready. @Axel_Lesch has kindly posted a picture confirming that it can be enabled in-app.

JBL may not have announced certification yet, however. That could be why you’re not seeing more Roon compatibility information on their product pages.

1 Like

Well, that’s excellent news - I’ve been thinking about an outdoor speaker… Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like