JBL speakers legacy/new models

So the surrounds are rubber! That’s good news, curious the fluid leak on the woofer diaphragm. I’ve experienced this only on a tweeter from the jbl decades that I had to have repaired as it was blown. They have some fun factor left in them or sell them to some vintage enthusiasts :+1:t2:

Well said!

The “boom & tizz factor has been set to 11 with those bad boys :rofl::joy::wink:

Yeah Baby!!

1 Like

Actually NO, if you where here I think you would agree, sooo very controlled, these Norwegian amps (dynamic precision) not make them anymore unfortunately, that i use deliver very well, the control is amazing, will try tomorrow with some mark levinson amps. If I would do a blind test I would never expect it to be a pair of PA speakers. :smiley:

1 Like

They are lovely and I’m envious to hear them :+1:t2:

1 Like

For what I can afford I am so very impressed, it was worth a total of 6h drive, now is just some temporary cables and not in the right position, money is running out but JBL hobby just grows… :smiley:

1 Like

So my main speakers are the Jbl 4367. Bought them 4 years ago and there isnt a day that my toes aren’t tapping when i sit down to listen.

In my 2nd system, i own the L100 classic. Fun speaker, the whole family loves it…including my wife who dislikes just about 99.99% of all speakers that ive brought home.

Both the speakers i own work in the rooms and gear that i use them in.

Im really interested in the 4349. I kind of see it as the little brother to the 4367. Would love to hear it in my house.

2 Likes

The 4367 is what I can think off replacing my array 1400 with, economy is tight right now so just to wait and see, I am lucky my wife and cats never complain about any hifi gear I bring home, there must be a limit i guess… I will find out sooner or later :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve yet to hear any that isn’t. I think it’s easy enough to generalise the characteristics of certain countries. Almost all Japanese amps are super linear, smooth and ultimately pretty accurate if sometimes flat.

British gear tends to emphasise leading edge, pace, and midrange over bass heft.

American gear seems to like a larger than life sound. It’s a trait I’ve heard in jbl, mcintosh, Wilson and several others.

I’m sure there are outliers, but reality is that market tunes generally for the preferences of its primary markets.

1 Like

Fair enough, we get where you’re coming from and your perspective and personal biases. I do love my British speakers, 3 different sets that are great. But to disparage all other brands and folks tastes is a bit thick eh? Apparently plenty of folks like full range speakers and JBL have been doing something right for a long while now.

Back on the topic , big beautiful full range JBL stuff

1 Like

People also like rap music and the kardashians. That doesn’t make them right :wink:

3 Likes

What’s wrong with rap music? Why did you choose to defame that particular genre?

2 Likes

L26 Decade 1975 vintage

I run a pair of these at my business building with a vintage set of Kenwood separates

The Kenwoods were the first brand new audio equipment I ever bought, they were on a close out sale. I was happy as a clam, bought the speakers used. They are going up in value now I see :hushed: Crazy people

2 Likes

In England Kenwood was called Trio.
And they were my first integrated amps and had many years of excellent service from a 25w unit then a behemoth 100w amp.
And prices on those are going crazy too.
Never got round to jbl though, Mission were my go-to speakers.

2 Likes

I should probably unload my vintage stuff and cash it in. I have a hankering for the new Mission 700’s My dealer in Southern California is a distributor now when I get back there I will get a look! The JBL stuff was quite plentiful used in the states, I’ve never purchased a new pair actually, I’ve had three sets. Well built and handle rock and roll fine imho.

What Missions have you had? My modern speakers are KEF & B&W’s I do think some of the British brands are top shelf, ATC would be a goal to try out for me.

1 Like

Ok that’s quite enough thank you.
There is no need to get personal in this forum and there is NO place for it here and it simply will not be tolerated.
Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

I grow up with rap music. Was listening to cormega and some m.o.p. today…but i never play rap when my kids are home. Why would i want them to listen to those messages? And i love rap music. The wu family, the gravediggaz, sunz of man, killarmy and of course the wu.

Im 41 and hip hop was always my first music love so to speak. Now of course im in love with jazz, rock, reggae from the 70s . Anyways i lisyej to all genres in the house with the kids. But they aint listening to my rap unless its an instrumental version, so no words, just the beat

Hey Jim, which rappers do you care for?

You started the thread, excellent.

I’m a big JBL fan, loving my JBL M2’s.
Amazing speakers, which have all the benefits on FIR crossovers and DSP for sound profiles.

I’m a massive electronic music fan, but my taste is very eclectic.

2 Likes

I was nearly going to grab the 4367’s.
But the cabinet height/dimensions means stands are required for optimal compression driver height.
They do have an amazing sound and presence.
Lovely speakers.

After exploring the M2’s I became quickly convinced they were for me.
Purchased unheard (I liked the 4367’s), based on internet feedback/measurement data, and my experience with the 4367’s.

3 Likes