JRiver MC29 - RPi4 endpoints not showing up

Hi. Can someone solve this for me. I installed Windows 10 on my NUC yesterday and I got JRiver MC29 up and running and working well. The issue is that my RPi4 Ropieee endpoints are not showing up. They do without a problem on my MacBook where I also have MC29 installed.

What I have done so far is to restart MC29 a few times as I read that can help discoverability (and my Tv did show up which I don’t need), I have restarted the whole network and rebooted all devices concerned, including the NUC. No joy - the RPi4s refuse to show up on the Windows 10 install. I did check Windows 10 firewall and MC29 is allowed through, and the other endpoints are showing ok.

Any ideas? I would like them to show up as then I can play to them from JRemote - at the moment I am having to switch to mConnect apps on iPhone/iPad to play to the RPi4s.

Check if you have enabled DLNA Controller option in JRiver Media Network/Advanced section
If the rpi is still not detected check if the network type in Windows is Private or Public, must be Private otherwise Windows will deny any connection

Already checked both - DLNA controller is ticked and the Windows network is set to private. I should have said, my other devices (Cambridge Audio CXN, SoundTouch speaker and TV) are all showing up, just not the RPi4s.

Can you try to disable, just for testing, Windows firewall?

What operating system are you using on the RPi’s ?

The new improved Riopeee didn’t support DLNA .

@spockfish has just released the XL version on his new platform which should support DLNA, I have yet to load it on my pi4 so I can’t comment/test .

I am not seeing my RPi on the non XL version on JRemote, JRiver GUI or mConnect . I would expect that ?

I’ll try to get around to burning the XL version soon and comment . I have been using v.29 since the first releases with no issues. It’s now officially “stable” as of build 209.0.30 (maybe earlier)

The assumption is that it is XL as they show up on JRiver on Mac (as described in the first message), the issue is they don’t show up on JRiver running on Windows

Yes it would figure it’s XL but it never hurts to ask :smiling_imp:

It sounds like a setting in Riopeee, I haven’t tried it yet but I used the original XL before the new platform release.

I’ll download and see what I get , the new Riopeee is working fine for me.

I wonder if @spockfish can comment , would an XL install be expected to show on both systems ? The old one did but not sure about the new.

Thanks but already tried turning off the firewall - no difference. And yep, just to confirm it is the old version of RopieeeXL, and according to spockfish this should still work, and is working on the Mac.

Maybe I should give the new version a try on one of my RPis and see what happens.

The old version certainly worked for me.

One thing I did find was that switching between Roon and DLNA some times failed but came back after a reboot.

I don’t use XL at the moment I use JRiver to my CXN (v1) and Roon to my pi4 Ropieee . I use an iPad as a remote “renderer” to Bluetooth speakers in other areas. I don’t really need the ability to switch.

I tried on my setup even if my MC 26 is running on Ubuntu.
I noticed that with OpenHome support enabled rpi/RoPieee XL doesn’t show up in JRiver, I then disabled it and it appeared again (after rebooting rpi)
If enabled then try to disable OpenHome support in RoPieeeXL UPNP configuration tab and reboot the rpi

I knew about the Openhome issue a while back so it was disabled on all my RPis. Out of interest I did enable it again on one of them but didn’t make a difference so disabled it again.