Judging the age of many Rooners here it would seem that we are quite the ancient lot

It’s been awhile that I’ve seen an old school :phone:

I still have 2 but the HDD in the old one has died , the repair man I asked simply broke down in fits of laughter , the new one (10 years old at least) still runs MP3 in the car

2 Likes

Not even VOIP , we have a land line and VOIP , I also hate to admit it I have 2 cell phones as well , I am not so Luddite

1 Like

my moms favorite :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tend to call my iPhone SE an all in one. It streams ARC when I’m on the road or at work. It can play video, games, Roon Remote and yes even phone calls. That last thing seems to be an extra nowadays.

1 Like

What you can make phone calls on those Cell Thingies ? I thought they were for Facebook

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a well hidden feature indeed. Even SMS text messages it can do apparently. Next to Whatsapp and Facebook.

That is really old school :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup. It’s part of my bundle. Unlimited phone, SMS and Internet. But I can’t remember the last time I’ve actually sent an SMS.

Sometimes when I reject a phone call… Oh and paying the parking

They basically include the SMS part for free now, since not many people use it anymore.

For us it’s much easier to send messages to our family’s Whatsapp group. We all have smartphones.

1 Like

When you see how it’s piggybacked onto standard signals SMS should always have been free…

Oh my bad. I thought they had Apple - they have the biggest selection of subscription music services I’ve personally ever seen though.

1 Like

In the US we are basically forced to use SMS, it’s horrendous. Apple has a stranglehold on the messaging space and those of us using Android are forced to use SMS as most iOS users won’t use Whatsapp and Apple won’t support RCS.

1 Like

Apple’s message app is barely used here in the Netherlands. It’s all about Whatsapp.

1 Like

I hear it’s like that in most places outside of the US. I don’t know what’s worse, being locked into Apple or being locked into Meta/Facebook.

AppleMeta with Mr. Zuckercook at the helm…

3 Likes

:rofl:

if the iPhone is a great device when in us the iPhone becomes the greatest device. I get why people are using it

I have a Pixel. I can’t stand Apple products, probably because my background is in IT and I’m more of a power user. Apple products are way too locked down for me.

4 Likes

I use to be like that

but then convenience takes over :slight_smile:

3 Likes