Judging the age of many Rooners here it would seem that we are quite the ancient lot

I have said to everyone; if you want to contact me, use signal, call, email or sms.
Facebook/whatsap is not an option, i would rather mis out then sell out…
No anti sosial media for me.

Btw i am Dutch living in Norway :snowflake:

2 Likes

@Carl
Thanks for splitting this is going random

1 Like

I did quit Facebook after 3 years overdose, but I was using my small business as a excuse

WhatsApp in Romania is like replacing calls, sms, groups, almost everything
We have meetings that we share online and people ask for WhatsApp

Just went from an older iPhone to a Pixel 7 and I must say I didn’t expect I would like it so much…

1 Like

As I would need a new phone I’ll have a look thanks

I got a Pixel 6 Pro right before the 7 came out since the price dropped so much as they were clearing out stock. Before that I had a Pixel 5, Pixel 3XL, Pixel XL and Nexus 6P.

Judging the age of many Rooners here it would seem that we are quite the ancient lot :innocent:

Oldies BUT Goodies :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

wow, :+1:

one stupid question, I was looking at pixel 7, do you have audio out (the jack slot I think is 3.5 mm not over usb)?

No, there’s no 3.5mm analog out. Anyway, if you want some decent sound quality from a phone, you need an external portable DAC/Amp… Something like the FiiO BRT7 or iFi GO Blu… These devices can receive digital output from the phone via USB C or Bluetooth/LDAC.

The last mainline pixel with a headphone jack was the 3 series and most recent was the 5a. Otherwise most flagships have omitted it.

And that’s quite understandable, with Bluetooth earbuds and cabled high-quality IEM and the EU standardizing on USB C for phone charging… so let’s USB C be the standard for cabled digital output as well, and omit the low-quality headphone jack from the past… I at least have never used it on my old phone, and nowadays would use Bluetooth earbuds with mic for wireless phone answering and voice-controlling the phone.

Thanks,
I have a iFi Hip Dac v2 it is very nice but no phone calls thru :slight_smile: so I unplug from the dac and plug to the phone to make/take the call. There must be other options but once I get used like that…

I’ll have to test that. if the iFi dac is connected to USB OTG the bluetooth earbuds still work

With age comes taste and expirence :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m also quite happy with Spotify usually. It’s actually the vastly better understanding of classical music - the lateral exploration, background information that drew me in.

2 Likes

This belief I find approximately on the same level as the belief in audiophile snake oil. ‘Age’ is wisdom’s snake oil, so to speak… :rofl: But yes, we elders need something to believe in to keep up our optimism and positive outlook…

1 Like

Sony Xperia line. 3.5nm headphone jack, microSD card with support for 2TB chips, improved DAC, and 24/96 LDAC. It’s amazing.

Sony is very slow to release Android updates. Pixel’s are always first in line.

Snake age is wisdom’s audiophile oil

1 Like