Just announced: Brooklyn Bridge II ROON

Brooklyn Bridge II is the result of a major redesign of our best selling original Brooklyn Bridge. The Brooklyn Bridge II now officially has a built in Roon Core combined with Mytek OS for easy touch screen operation from an ipad, smart phone or front panel screen.

SPECS

• CONVERSION up to 384k, 32bit PCM, native DSD up to DSD256, DXD, 130dB DR, ES9038 chipset

• MQA HI-RES DECODER DECODER: built in hardware MQA decoder, full unfold to original sample rate

• DIGITAL DAC INPUTS USB2 Class2 (OSX, Linux driverless, all formats up to 384k), 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 24/192k, up to DSD64 DOP), Toslink/ADAT, 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), SDIF3 DSD up to DSD256

• ADDITIONAL DIGITAL INPUTS Bluetooth 5 and Roon End Point on the network

• BUILT-IN ANALOG PREAMP Line level input or Phono M/M, M/C input, relay controlled

• USB storage connector Any music files on FAT /NTFS / Mac formatted drive or USB Stick

• ANALOG OUTPUTS RCA, balanced XLR, simultaneous, 50 Ohm impedance

• HEADPHONE OUTPUTS Reference High Current, High transient Headphone Amp, 500mA, 6 Watts, dual headphone jacks, designed to drive hard to drive headphones.

• CLOCK Mytek Femtoclock GeneratorTM 0.82ps internal jitter

• VOLUME ATTENUATOR Choice of 1dB step analog attenuator, separate for main out and head- phones, 1dB step digital 32 bit attenuator and purist relay bypass.

• DIMENSIONS WxDxH=8.5x8.8x1.74”=216x225x44mm

• WEIGHT 6lbs, 3kg

• WARRANTY 2 years

• APPLE AIRPLAY, DLNA and GOOGLE CHROMECAST ready

SHIPPING JUNE 2021

More news here:

1 Like

So do I understand correctly this is a alternative for a rock or Nucleus? There is no info on the processor or the storage?

It’s a dac/preamp with a built in streamer

With a built in server (Roon Core).

1 Like

That’s what I thought. Interesting product. Quite pricey though.

Sure be nice if Mytek did a better job for their existing customers. My Brooklyn Amp literally caught fire a couple of months ago. They’ve had it for six weeks now and I can’t even get them to answer my emails. I know I’ve been a big promoter of Mytek gear on this forum, but I don’t think I’ll be in a big rush for anything new.

3 Likes

Wow Charles that’s bad news.
It looks an interesting device, but way outside my price range.

Mike

2 Likes

Wowza

They are famously slow on emails although I would have thought a fire would make you Priority #1

They are much easier reached over the phone. Give that a try - both US and Poland.

1 Like

Hope it’s not an Intel Atom or Celeron in there :weary:

2 Likes

Looks like Mytek’s doing a major refresh of their productline this year, a new Manhattan DAC III a.k.a. Manhattan Bridge also announced…

The original Brooklyn Bridge was 3k. This throws in a Roon Core for $500, so it’s actually pretty damn good when you think about it that way.

This.

Given Apple’s M1 and the dissipation constraints, I can’t help but wonder if it’s x86 powered…

Shame they look so ugly. I imagine we will start to see more of these server endpoint devices before long. Not everybody wants nor has space for multiple devices.

5 Likes

How did the Merging+ fare? The issue with these, in my mind, is that if it is not well specc’d then users can easily outgrow them; and if they end up needing a better core, then it is all wasted money. Same with the idea, if they stop using Roon, then what? An internal core that is useless?

What means ‘SDIF3’? Shouldn’t ig be not USB3?

Wow, this is a major move. Seems like Mytek had a falling out with their former manufacturer and EU distribution, and they are moving to a new factory. And as a result, they are completely revamping the line, all new models. I wonder how this will impact their ability to support their legacy products.

Its also interesting that their digital product line is now so focused on streaming. Except for the entry level Liberty DAC, the other levels of DACs are all one-box DAC/streamer/servers. The Brooklyn DAC is now discontinued, and the Bridge now includes the Roon Core capability. Wow, they are really putting Roon at the center of the their strategy.

So really, one could get a Roon Nucleus ($1500) and the Mytek Liberty Dac ii ($1000) and save $1000 and have the same thing unless you needed the preamp functions.

My Brooklyn Amp+ short circuited in first week, they came by and replaced it twice - all 3 brand new amps short circuited. I ended up returning the prodcut and getting a much better amp (Simaudio Moon 330A) which worked seamlessly from day one, no hassle no issues (and better sound).

My Brooklyn Bridge, which is supposed to be “Roon Ready” has issues with Signal Path in roon, which never shows MQA when it’s MQA (unless I reboot it, and only for a few hours). The network module is all screwed up - I’ve been waiting for their tech support to reply and they give zero help here (btw, Roon’s @support isn’t helping here either, I am sad to report). And this is a 3 months old product.

btw, when I bought it, I asked them if any replacement product is about to come out when I’m about to spend $3k on this one, and they said no. Bad form.

I was so excited about Mytek. Their products make so much sense, they are small, extremely well spec-ed. Great positioning.

But the products are simply poorly manufactured/QA’d.

1 Like

I agree, Eyal. Mytek has been a tremendous disappointment. Right now, I can’t get them even to respond to my emails about the amp they’ve supposedly been repairing for the last two months. I would never buy anything from them again.

1 Like

I’m not sure their Liberty line is roon ready, that may be the rub or you’d be spot on…

Unless someone absolutely has to have only one box, there are just too many ways to do this better at far less than half the price.

2 Likes