K.I.S.S. Roon Systems (Keep it Simple Stupid)

I know that it is somewhat of an anathema fo audiophiles and Roon users to the follow the K.I.S.S. philosophy (Keep It Simple Stupid) with their audio system, but I like to do that whenever it is possible. I recently purchased a Matrix Mini-I Pro 3 that simplified my main system. The Mini-I Pro 3 is a Roon endpoint streamer/DAC /headphone amp that has a built-in linear power supply. My system sounds better than it ever has with this device and the operation with it has been flawless. My main system now consists of:

Roon Core on HP Win 10 Laptop
WIFI
Matrix Mini-I Pro 3
Rotel RA 1570 Integrated Amp (XLR Cables)
Dali Ikon 5 Speakers

The setup involves far fewer components and cables since I have jettisoned separate DAC’s, streamers and USB Cleaners along with the separate power supplies that go with all of those devices. I no longer have to deal with the occasional weirdness that can happen with Raspberry Pi components. I really like having a simple setup.

How many of you out there like having K.I.S.S. Roon systems and what do your K.I.S.S. Roon systems look like?

2 Likes

Allan I bought the Matrix Mini-I pro 3 a couple of months ago. I mostly use it just as a headphone amp.
I do feed it into my Sonos Amp occasionally which feeds Dali Oberon 5 and Dali E-S-9 Sub woofer.

Part of the reason for getting it was to simplify the set-up exactly as you have. It is a very reliable streamer and perfectly fits into the less is more category of equipment.

1 Like

Sometimes KISS is for the best.
I just upgraded to a Lumin T2 streamer/dac used as Roon Endpoint.

I was able to dump a Sonore ultrarendu and its LPS and PC, a Chord Qutest and its LPS and PC and an Audioquest Diamond USB cable .
a lot neater with less clutter on the rack and that lot sold nearly paid for the T2 so win win.

So now its is nuc 7i3 with ROCK connected to router directly
Lumin T2 connected to same router directly. Analog out into ML585 and out to Spatial Audio TM3 TriodeMasters OB speakers.

Just LOVE it!

1 Like

If you were really KISS, you’d be paying $5 to Walmart for a 1st-gen Google Home Mini. Streamer, DAC, amp, and speaker, all in one!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Google-Home-Mini-Gen-1-Charcoal/358690466

1 Like

Trouble is I really like to listen to music…I mean really like…