Keep Calm, and Carry On [title edited to not be 'rude' ;-)]

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m am wholeheartedly sick of the endless stream of complaints about Roon and Catalina. Yes, it’s a problem, but I’m 100% sure that Roon are working flat out 24/7 to get this sorted out. So maybe it’s time to cut them some slack and stop complaining / threatening not to renew / demanding a refund / and so on - it will be sorted as and when they have a fix, and no amount of hand wringing and moaning will make that process any quicker.

57 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree.

4 Likes

Amen, brother!

2 Likes

I agee (10 characters).

2 Likes

Agreed. No excuse for not making a backup prior to upgrading. I tried Catalina and discovered a couple of apps I use that I need to update or find replacements before I commit.

Easy, restored backup. I don’t run Core on MacOS either way…

1 Like

I fully agree. I just hope that the complainers have learned a valueable lesson out of this. That’s at least worth something, allthough it may take untill october 2020 before they realize.

1 Like

I can’t see any endless stream of complaints. Sure, there’s a couple of threads, but you don’t have to read them. If someone had bothered to test Roon against a pre-release of Catalina this problem would likely have been discovered and users could have been warned. That didn’t happen, so some people had their music wiped out without warning. I’d be annoyed myself. I’d be even more annoyed by the poor feedback from Roon. No wonder people are complaining.

8 Likes

Virtually every knowledgable person in the pro audio and pro photo community recommended not to update unless compatibility with critical applications is assured. They could not mean me? They did for sure. Stop wining.

3 Likes

The threats of class action lawsuits were my personal favourite.

8 Likes

It’s just fan boys fanning the flames :fire:

2 Likes

Nobody had their music wiped out.

1 Like

Nobody’s music has been wiped out, they just can’t access it at the moment. And yes, I can see that would be annoying, but I stand by my original point - I’m 100% sure that Roon are working flat out 24/7 to get this sorted out. How does incessant complaining make that process go any faster?

2 Likes

The fix is coming…it needs to be tested and this takes time…especially when Apple keep patching Catalina after its release. Roon have said they are working on it. Sit tight and get a life while you have no music, play with your kids or your visit your parents…get some family and friends time, or do something more constructive than just bitching and moaning here…we have heard it all before.

8 Likes

Agree 100%

My commercial printing software supplier told me they would not release a Catalina supported version until Apple finished making changes to the core software in Catalina. Roon is probably having similar issues.

Nope, you’re wrong on both points. Rolling over and keeping quiet never fixes anything.

[Moderated]

2 Likes

And yet bugs still get fixed even when you are not complaining.

2 Likes

What evidence do you have that would suggest either of my original points are incorrect?

A piece of scanning software that my livelihood depends on upon is stuck at 32 bit, so it’s Mojave for me for life on my Mac Pro, or purchase a separate computer. As it is, I never upgrade right away. But as a society, everybody’s so damn quick to want the next supposedly best thing. Time to have some patience.

What is it about Catalina anyway that would make one want to jump on it so quick? Haven’t figured that one out.

2 Likes

While i tend to agree, what is the difference between their complaining and yours? It’s just another complaining thread.

8 Likes