Keep Calm, and Carry On [title edited to not be 'rude' ;-)]

Same. Well met.

1 Like

Roon make hardware, and sell it. So, to some extent, Apple are competitors. Why fall over backwards to help a competitor? Already people are suggesting that the way for Apple owners to work round the Catalina issue is to buy a Nucleus. Just sayin’ …

Or buy a NUC and install roon rock and save some dollars… Just sayin, as well.

1 Like

If you already had an otherwise perfectly good Mac, that would still cost you some considerable dollars!

Good point! Shame to waste good hardware. What I did when Apple’s OS wouldn’t work for me is to put Linux on my Mac. That would also fix this issue you’re having with Catalina. No new hardware required.

My organization has in excess of 6,000 employees. We are a windows shop. We typically stay way behind on all major upgrades. We have only very recently moved to windows 10.

3 Likes

My comment was a direct response to the previous post “Already people are suggesting that the way for Apple owners to work round the Catalina issue is to buy a Nucleus.”
So, if you were going to buy a device operating on an Roon OS then a NUC running Rock is considerably cheaper than a Nucleus.

Roon runs great on my Windows 10 Dell XPS 15 laptop, but it is an i7 6 core with 32 gigs of RAM and a 1TB SSD. If I was using an Apple device and having problems due to Catalina, I would get my hands on a Windows PC until the problem is resolved.

Actually our company has had to spend a considerable amount of time over the last week or so fixing up issues with a recent WIN10 update that is breaking some of our customer’s software. The WIN10 fall creators update was a massive issue for many end users too.It happens with all OS’s, I presume even Linux occasionally releases an update that affects some users -that might get some kickback from the Linux fanboys - but I did have such a thing happen on a PI3 running Dietpi.

When Apple or MS brings out a new update that causes havoc we get the same reaction. Firstly, people seem to think this is all new. It’s obviously not! Secondly, they always point the finger at the software vendors that run their software on the OS. Then the anger and recriminations. The quiet rage behind the keyboard doesn’t really do much to solve things. Though it can be cathartic for some I suppose.

1 Like

Wash your mouth out!!! :rofl:

The issue with Windows is the incremental updates more than the major OS updates, IMHO.

OP is rude. Mods should delete.

1 Like

Well the title of the could be a lot more wisely worded.

1 Like

Keep Calm and Sit Tight For Updates

Keep Calm and Stay Tuned For Updates

Keep Calm and Stay True For Updates

Much better! So not the Pink Guy version.

OK, fair point, I’ve changed the title.

1 Like

And always have a towel. 42.

1 Like

So the answer is 42? What was the question?

1 Like

You can always run Mojave and that vital software on a virtual machine. (For me it’s the OED.)

Also, it is worth noting the Audirvana had no trouble issuing a working version by the date Catalina was released.

Audirvana fired right up, Same with my DMG plug ins.