Keep getting message Lost Connection

Still able to access Roon/Nucleus from iPhone and iPad (all on same network). But I keep getting "lost connection " on iMac(on same network). I close it down and it works for a bit, then same error message appears,

Hi @Larry_Gelman,

Are you able to access the Nucleus Web Administration Interface from the iMac during this time?

Can you describe your networking setup? Is the iMac connected via WiFi or Ethernet?

Hi @dylan. Didn’t have a chance to see if the web administrator page was working. I have the Nucleus connected via Ethernet via power line adaptor. It s been up and running without problems for the last few day with new nucleus.

Hi @Larry_Gelman,

As noted in our Networking Guide, we typically recommend against using power line adapters. We’ve found that they can be unreliable and we’ve traced similar reports to them. Is the iMac also connected to this device? Is it connected via Ethernet? Or is it connected via WiFi like your other remotes?

The next time this happens this would definitely be a good test so we can better understand this device’s ability to connect.

@Dylan My iMac is connected via WiFi on the same network as my remotes.
Will check administration page next time.