KEF KC62 sub overkill for KEF LSX?

I have a pair of KEF LSX on my desk in my office and I love them. The only thing I miss compared to my full setup in my living room (Cambridge CXA81, CXN V2, & Linn Ninka towers) is the richness and ‘support’ of the bass I get from the living room kit. Is adding a sub to the LSX overkill? I mean for the money (LSX + KC62) it almost is the same as a pair of LS50 Wireless II. My office is not that big, it’s about 3 m x 3.5 m (about 10 x 11 feet).

1 Like

I would probably go for the SVS 1000 pro or even 2000 pro over the KEF just for bang for the buck.
Or two of each? for still less than half the price…

Or you could go for the SVS 3000 micro… :slight_smile: and still be half the price.

I also have a pair of KEF LSX on my desk and just added an Arendal 1961 1S sub. It’s quite a bit cheaper than the KC62, and also a bit bigger, but I’ve been very impressed so far. My office is smaller than yours - around 3 m x 2.3 m - but the Arendal has made a massive improvement.

No, I wouldn’t say so. The LSX is very small, LS50 might be too big for a desk. Even if the price of LSX+KC62 approaches LS50W II, the KC62 will give you real bass, the LS50 will not.
Of course one of the lower priced models mentioned above may be all you need…

2 Likes

Home Office LSX here as well… I combined them with a smallish Kube 8b – makes a nice little combo. I’ve got a pair LS50 Wireless II with a KC62 in the Living Room. Great combo – but the KC62 is a lot of sub and would be overkill for the office.

I have the LS 50 Metas and paired them with:
Rythmik Audio • Servo subwoofer products

I think they pair exceptionally well. They are also reasonably priced.

can recommend my rel t7i,small and very musical sub

2 Likes

Can I ask a stupid question and how did you connect your Kube do the LSX’s ?
Thanks
Paul

Via the coaxial sub out on the LSX to the coaxial sub in on the Kube.

1 Like